1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

I can't stop sweating

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by frugle, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Louis

Louis Active Member

When you sweat, it means that there is usually an amount of heat that your body can't handle and is trying to find ways to cool it down, right?

I've also looked into that surgery for hyperhydrolisis. The one where they pinch or severe a nerve ending in your near your spine or something similar to that.
    Just out of curiosity wouldn't that mean your body would find other places to sweat from?

2. pauliodotnet

pauliodotnet Well-Known Member

goto the doctor, and they will prescribe you something like drysol that will fix it. i had the smae problem, used drysol and no issues. or you can just botox :p

3. thewildpig

thewildpig Well-Known Member

Go see a doctor, maybe they'll suggest something like laser treatment to kill your follicles to permanently keep your armpits from crying stinky tears.

Perspiration has no odour. When bacteria begins to grow, that's where the odour comes in.

4. thewildpig

From my biology teacher, I would reccomend against the use of aluminum based materials (deodorants, anti-perspirant, and so on). He's read a great deal of articles that show a direct correlation between aluminum and Alzheimer's.

That has been proven untrue.

5. aaronxxx

aaronxxx Well-Known Member

link plz

6. metkirk

metkirk Well-Known Member

Kinda off topic: what about sweaty hands then? I can't stop my hands from sweating unless I go into a freezing cold weather [​IMG] It's really annoying and I think people feel disgusted shaking my hands.

7. thewildpig

Show me a link that proves unequivocally that aluminum causes Alzheimer's. I use aluminum pots and pans, and have for years. I don't have Alzheimer's. My grandparents use them, too, and no Alzheimer's. Go live in a cave somewhere if you're going to read some B.S. and take it as gospel, because according to a lot of these quacks, there's always some substance that causes some type of malady.

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/archi...alzheimers.asp

http://www.only-cookware.com/aluminu...or_health.html

8. LSteel

LSteel Member

Drink milk in the morning, and eat a lot of salt. Both make you retain water and not sweat as much, how much this will help you, i dont know. But gL with everything

9. n3demonic

n3demonic Member

For anyone else suffering from hyperhidrosis, especially facial sweating, try pharmacy.ca

It's a Canadian place with great products that do help. I use the pads for the face and avert. I've never felt better since trying the products. Plus the people who do support will give you advice on what to try depending on your particular hyperhidrosis

10. furious george

furious george New Member

I have to back this up 100%. My wife, who is a family practice physician, had not heard of Drysol. I found it through seaching everywhere on the Internet for a cure for underarm sweating that would sometimes even sweat through my jacket.

Drysol did what no other product could do. Period.

Word of warning. The instructions say to put just a little on at night. If you have my problem you'll ignore it and put "the usual amount" on. Brother, let me tell you, the stuff burns when you first start to use it if you apply liberally.

Ask your doctor for it by name, follow the directions, and you should stop sweating under your arms for at least one week at first. The next application will allow you to go two or three weeks without sweating.

Today I haven't needed to use Drysol in about 2 years.

I agree completely about Drysol. Aluminum chloride combines with the water in sweat to make hydrochloric acid, so that explains the burning. I apply it every so often and make sure to wear a really tight fitting shirt to bed when I apply it. I've even read recommendations that said to plastic wrap one's armpits after applying to increase it's effectiveness.

It's really the only thing that has helped my hyperhidrosis - but watch out for compensatory sweating possibly in the hands and feet (I get a little in the back). I unfortunately noticed the opposite effect with Drysol - I had to apply more often the more I used as it seemed to lose it's effectiveness.

11. dl20

dl20 Well-Known Member

drysol
    drysol
    drysol

Amazing product. Nothing against everyone elses recs but drysol is all you need

DL

12. ajwong168

ajwong168 New Member

I went to a dermatologist and she prescribed Robinul... I didn't want anything invasive like surgery or botox or irritating like Drysol and wanted something simple to take. But as far as its effectiveness, YMMV..

13. Doppler4000

Doppler4000 Well-Known Member

14. fortune

fortune Well-Known Member

Guys--- Use Maxim:

http://www.stopsweat.com/index.html

No prescription needed and it really works. Contains aluminum chloride.

yeah i've said that before but apparently no ones reading my posts. i've been using it for a year or two now and it works perfectly fine without any irritation or prescription.

15. ribbedtee

ribbedtee Member

I saw this show where a doctor used botox. I see that a couple other peope here suggested it as well, but I didn't see any links to videos demonstrating it:

I also didn't see any mention of these:
    http://www.kleinertsshields.com/sweat-shields.php

Good luck!

16. cldpsu

cldpsu Well-Known Member

my friend plays jazz guitar and he hates his sweaty hands

17. denimaddict

denimaddict Well-Known Member

Bump, cite your source.

18. schizophoniks

schizophoniks Active Member

Try Botox, It stops sweating by a 100%. It lasts between 3 and 6 months but it gives you total freedom.

19. Initialrt

Initialrt New Member

yea... i was just about to say. my dad knew this guy that was a tv host. He had a chronic sweating problem, but was the son of a plastic surgeon of sorts, so he just got botox injections about twice a year. definately the end-all for sweat, but also a semi-extremish measure to take. at least you know you wont be dissapointed

20. lance konami

lance konami Well-Known Member

Some of you guys might want to experiment with increasing your water intake. I know it sounds counter-intuitive and you probably think it will make you sweat more, but you might be surprised at the results. Try drinking a cup of water every hour for a few days straight. Watch what happens. Your body temperature will be more regulated, you'll feel more calm and relaxed, and you might notice other seemingly unrelated symptoms disappearing as well, such as headaches. You'll probably even shed a few extra pounds. It sounds deceptively simple, but try it.

I discovered this accidentally. I've had trouble with cold/sweaty hands for a long time and since consuming a lot more water I noticed I wasn't having the problems as much. I didn't realize that your water intake actually regulates your body temperature, improves circulation, and does a whole lot of other stuff until I started reading up on it. I also noticed a drastic difference when I cut out coffee and substituted it with green tea. It could also be related to me increasing fresh, raw, leafy green vegetables in my diet as well.

It seems to me that excessive sweating is directly related to anxiety, low water intake, high amounts of caffeine, and poor diet. Fix these things first before trying to stop your body's natural cooling functions by trying to "plug" up your pores with all kinds of chemicals. You're only treating the symptom. Try to find the cause, and for everyone it might be different. But I do think that anxiety is the biggest one. If you don't exercise, start. Try yoga. Change your diet. Eliminate all the garbage you put in your body. Try everything you can naturally before resorting to putting poison like botox in your body or chopping up your sympathetic nerves in surgery.