1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

I can't believe you guys live without..

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Brian SD, May 4, 2006.

1. VMan

VMan Well-Known Member

For me, the unbearable, almost suicide-inducing disappointment that I, and most everyone else cursed to live in the dregs of the "flyover country" that comprises the other 49.5 states that make up this thing called the U.S., which we all know only exists as lip service to the awe-inspiring grandeur of New York City, is slightly ameloriated by the fact that it's great not having to put up with the stereotypical myopic, "the world revolves around me" New York attitude. Oh, and New York's Mexican, Cajun, and Southern food selections suck, too.
    A quote from one of my favorite songs by Atmosphere:

2. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Well-Known Member

I can't believe you guys live without nice, fresh, very drinkable tap water. That's Scandinavia.

3. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

EDIT: Where all the Southerners at? Seriously, let's get some people repping the South in here.
    The friendliest people I have ever met are rural Southerners.

4. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

I can't believe that folks live without real mountains:

[​IMG]

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

I can't believe that folks live without real mountains:

[​IMG]

Beautiful.

6. Carlo

Carlo Well-Known Member

Kai... you have a point... Tejas was a real adjustment for me after HS/College in KY and grad school in TN. Mountains are nice. and the whole thing about not speaking the most prevalent language was an adjustment but it has it's charms.

...but with all this sky it doesn't get dark until like.... october so it isn't all bad.

I don't get people who live in places they don't like. Makes sense if you are in the military or in prison but otherwise why do it? Some form of Geographic masochism or something? I guess if Steve left the other liberal in Texas would be lonely but I'm sure we could do an exchange program with the PRB.

Steve, to echo Jill's exemplary demonstration of compassionate conservatism I'd be willing to help raise the funds to get you a U-Haul back to California...

I don't get it - I hear people say "I wish I lived in X"... these folks don't know about moving vans? WTF? I live right where I want to. In ten years I want to live in Kona, wear grass skirts and grow coffee beans when not operating a Marlin boat. Just need to sell another 65,971 ties and I'm there baby!

7. JBZ

JBZ Well-Known Member

I can't believe you guys live without nice, fresh, very drinkable tap water. That's Scandinavia.

Being a New Englander and Red Sox fan, I'm as happy as the next guy to jump on the "let's bash NYC" bandwaggon, but NYC actually has some of the best tap water in the country. I believe it's all piped in from upstate New York.

8. Carlo

Carlo Well-Known Member

JBZ is correct - used to be a lot of breweries too. The water from upstate is very pure and very soft since the rocks are generally low in calcium...
    Dear God I'm a geek-basket of useless information....

9. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

Being a New Englander and Red Sox fan, I'm as happy as the next guy to jump on the "let's bash NYC" bandwaggon, but NYC actually has some of the best tap water in the country. I believe it's all piped in from upstate New York.

Thank you, I was going to answer his post with a "we got that too", but I'll reserve it for the mountains post.

10. insomoz

insomoz New Member

I cant live without my hair, I would be really messed up if I lost that