1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Matt, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

hope I won't be posting in this thread again

2. forex

forex Well-Known Member

I am sorry to hear you've broken up with your GF, I did the same with mine 5 years ago. And let me tell you it was a bloody good day that I did it, She was a user & she said that she didn't love me I was that pissed off with her I told her to sling her hook.

So i've been single for 5 years now but I do feel lonely at times

Kindest Regards

Captaincubbio2009

lol,this is funny

3. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

hope I won't be posting in this thread again

Is this your way of telling us you've gone gay?

I ran into my most recent ex at the Gardener's Market on Saturday (just one of a few exes that I can potentially run into there), and she made a point of saying hi and asking how I was before I noticed her. I thought this was a good sign, because for all I knew, she hated my guts. I wanted to stop and chat with her, but didn't. So, I later sent her a message and it turns out she still hates my guts, but was just being polite. *sigh* I guess I should be thankful that she was at least polite.

4. Flambeur

Flambeur Well-Known Member

The fact that I don't really care that much is bothering me a little bit.

5. mkarim

mkarim Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It had to be done.

She's great, but it wasnt a relationship that was heading anywhere, so after a year and a half I put a stop to it.

Just kinda eating into each other's futures if we keep going like that.

It's still sad though.

+1.

I am also in the same situation. For us, it's been only 3 months...

6. constant struggle

constant struggle Well-Known Member

The fact that I don't really care that much is bothering me a little bit.
    Shouldn't when you don't care its when you know it was not meant to be and you are already over it

7. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

meh, I always fluctuate when I have been through a breakup. One minute I don't care, the next I am a mess.....

8. APK

APK Well-Known Member

In my experiences, those feelings are also impacted by how the other person is doing.

I didn't really care by time my longest relationship ended, but then I was a wreck when she started dating someone a few months later.

9. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

In my experiences, those feelings are also impacted by how the other person is doing. I didn't really care by time my longest relationship ended, but then I was a wreck when she started dating someone a few months later.
    I've never understood that or rules governing the amount of time you have to wait before you jump back in the shark infested waters. Do we expect the women to sit around and not get laid? If anything, I'd expect that seeing the other person moving on would galvanize you into getting your shit together and finding someone better.

10. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Well-Known Member

Is there a thread for my gf broke up with me? If not, I am in this one. She broke it off with me just recently after 3 years. Sigh....

11. APK

APK Well-Known Member

I've never understood that or rules governing the amount of time you have to wait before you jump back in the shark infested waters. Do we expect the women to sit around and not get laid? If anything, I'd expect that seeing the other person moving on would galvanize you into getting your shit together and finding someone better.

For me, it was a pride thing. The idea she thought she'd found someone better for me. As it turned out, she hadn't, but it was the best thing for me.

12. willpower

willpower Well-Known Member

Is there a thread for my gf broke up with me? If not, I am in this one. She broke it off with me just recently after 3 years. Sigh....

Less fun being the one who is dumped rather than the dumper...

Cut off any contact with her for a while, otherwise it'll take longer to recover.

13. Flambeur

Flambeur Well-Known Member

meh, I always fluctuate when I have been through a breakup. One minute I don't care, the next I am a mess.....

I'm a bit scared that I didn't realize the full implications of it yet and will go crazy eventually. Or maybe it's because I feel like a kid who's been running around the candy store for the past couple years and now is finally allowed to have all the candy he wants without having to steal, lie, or beg.

But if I think about it - I guess it might have to do with the fact that we lost some of the passion. It's almost like we were best friends and sex/passion became an afterthought. And we swore that we will remain friends. So basically not much has changed except that now I can have sex/passion with other chicks while keeping her as my close friend. I hope.

In my experiences, those feelings are also impacted by how the other person is doing.

I didn't really care by time my longest relationship ended, but then I was a wreck when she started dating someone a few months later.

Yeah that's tough. But it's the reality of life. Bothers the hell out of me in the beginning but goes away eventually. I actually always hoped to become good friends with one of my exes and her husband, but never worked out.

Doesn't really matter. Do what you think is right for you.

Stay strong. Banging other women + booze = help.

As one of our friends said. Don't feel about it. Think that you saved one valentines day gift. Thanks for sharing your feelings with us.

thank you, kind spambot [​IMG]

14. Prada_Ferragamo

Stay strong. Banging other women + booze = help.
    Thanks man. I have been trying, not so much drinking and fucking, but just get my head around the situation. When the relationship suddenly ends after both parties have invested so much, just feels a bit like rock bottom. .

15. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Well-Known Member

deets

16. APK

APK Well-Known Member

The friends thing doesn't really work out. You might be able to be cordial or friendly with them, but it's an oddity when two people are able to actually be good friends following a long/intense romantic relationship. My logic has always been that if you were able to be such good friends, the relationship probably wouldn't have fallen apart.

17. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Well-Known Member

18. HgaleK

HgaleK Well-Known Member

The friends thing doesn't really work out. You might be able to be cordial or friendly with them, but it's an oddity when two people are able to actually be good friends following a long/intense romantic relationship. My logic has always been that if you were able to be such good friends, the relationship probably wouldn't have fallen apart.

Definitely tried that- no go at all. She wanted to be "friends" in the hopes that I'd get back together with her.

19. Prada_Ferragamo

I have to agree with what everyone has said above with being friends. Too awkward.

20. Helix

Helix Well-Known Member

Definitely tried that- no go at all. She wanted to be "friends" in the hopes that I'd get back together with her.

+100000000000000000

Happened with my last gf. For 2 years [​IMG]