1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Matt, Dec 21, 2008.

1. King Francis

King Francis Well-Known Member

stay of execution! Woohoo.

Basically she showed up with so much baggage at the airport that they would not even take it as excess baggage....she would have had to shed 20 kilo, and then paid about three hundred bucks to go.

Instead....she postponed her flight til Monday, and I got my birthday back.

Stoopidly happy [​IMG]

I understand this feeling, and no matter what anyone might say you're going to do what you're going to do, but it will be more painful on Monday.

2. alliswell

alliswell Well-Known Member

m@t-

Congratulations. Now figure out how to feel like this forever:

a) with this girl
    b) with some other girl

Life's too short not to be making babies.

-- married guys...

3. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

I understand this feeling, and no matter what anyone might say you're going to do what you're going to do, but it will be more painful on Monday.
    1. killjoy. 2. incorrect. I have my birthday today and my one of my best friend's wedding tomorrow, and I was really disappointed that she would miss both. Thankfully I am generally the sort of person who appreciates what he has instead of pining the things he doesn't. I'm really glad to get her here for my birthday and Jimmy's big day, and Monday will be every bit as sad as yesterday was supposed to be, but at least I got these days.

4. whacked

whacked Well-Known Member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

5. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

and she's gone [​IMG]

6. Zenny

Zenny Well-Known Member

I just came out of a 18 month relationship, didn't even get to hit that one last time [​IMG]

7. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

and she's gone [​IMG]
    Chin up, beers down my friend.

8. jptoor

jptoor Well-Known Member

Got dumped via text.

Worst part, all she said was, "You're an incongruous person. I don't know how to feel about that."
    Then she stopped texting me back, and won't return my calls.

9. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

sorry to hear that man. I'd recommend not calling for a while, as much as it may suck, just give her a few days grace, let her miss you a bit, then resurface and see where you stand.

10. Jumbie

Jumbie Well-Known Member

I'd be happy to be dumped by text because I'd know that person was a colossal waste of DNA.

11. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

I'd be happy to be dumped by text because I'd know that person was a colossal waste of DNA.

I dumped a chick by text once in high school.

This is how the conversation went.
    Me: hey we need to talk, it's serious.
    Her: i'm kinda busy, just text it to me
    Me: I can wait until we actually talk later
    Her: it's fine, just text it to me
    Me: k i wanna break up. ttyl.

12. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

Got dumped via text.

Worst part, all she said was, "You're an incongruous person. I don't know how to feel about that."

sorry to hear that man. I'd recommend not calling for a while, as much as it may suck, just give her a few days grace, let her miss you a bit, then resurface and see where you stand.

I don't know if she deserves that. Who texts somebody hurtful shit like that and then won't explain themselves? For once, I disagree with M@t's idea. Don't text or call or "resurface". If she does, get an explanation from her then move on. You don't need that shit. It would be doubly awesome if she offers to take you back, then you hook up with her and drop her like she did you. But that would only reinforce her bullshit and make her feel like she took the higher road. So I say "move on".

13. why

why Well-Known Member

I dumped a chick by text once in high school.

This is how the conversation went.
    Me: hey we need to talk, it's serious.
    Her: i'm kinda busy, just text it to me
    Me: I can wait until we actually talk later
    Her: it's fine, just text it to me
    Me: k i wanna break up. ttyl.

Texting in high school seems so anachronistic...

14. The Louche

The Louche Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It had to be done.

She's great, but it wasnt a relationship that was heading anywhere, so after a year and a half I put a stop to it.

Just kinda eating into each other's futures if we keep going like that.

It's still sad though.

Don't sweat it - you are a free man now. Congrats.

15. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Well-Known Member

Awkward how I just found this topic today.

I can understand it (the initial break up of this thread). Sometimes it looks like you have everything but it's not making you happy. Only because you think you love your partner doesn't mean that the relationship works. You can try but it won't change the world.

Now just how should I explain that to the crying person at the other end of the phone? [​IMG]

16. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

Awkward how I just found this topic today.

I can understand it (the initial break up of this thread). Sometimes it looks like you have everything but it's not making you happy. Only because you think you love your partner doesn't mean that the relationship works. You can try but it won't change the world.

Now just how should I explain that to the crying person at the other end of the phone? [​IMG]

Explain it in person?

17. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Well-Known Member

Explain it in person?
    Far distance relationship... something around 8000 km. But yes, would be the gentleman way to do it.

18. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

I don't know if she deserves that. Who texts somebody hurtful shit like that and then won't explain themselves? For once, I disagree with M@t's idea. Don't text or call or "resurface". If she does, get an explanation from her then move on. You don't need that shit. It would be doubly awesome if she offers to take you back, then you hook up with her and drop her like she did you. But that would only reinforce her bullshit and make her feel like she took the higher road. So I say "move on".
    actually, my second breakup of this thread was done by text. I was so fucking pissed at her that night (we came home, she went to sleep) and I was looking at her thinking 'nothing in the world is gonna make me get into that bed, I'm outta here'. Bailed and texted her one word from the cab ride home. "Enough". Woke up to a torrent of calls and texts. Ignored them all and went to Cambodia for a bachelor party, drank my ass off for a week, and ignored all her 3x daily calls on the grounds that I owed her nothing, and explanations count as something...let her figure it out. She figured it out, I took her call one day, and two weeks later we were back together. Yeah, I'm an asshole when I want to be. Interestingly I was talking with her friend last week about the whole episode, and her friend was like "I thought you were the biggest asshole for doing that, and then I realised a month later you knew exactly what you were doing...you just wanted her to think about it instead of spelling it out." Correct. Of course, six weeks later, she moved to Canada, and here I am again.

19. puffdaddy

puffdaddy Active Member

Got dumped via text.

That quote seems like it's out of a Bret Easton Ellis novel.

20. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

fuck fuck fuck fuck