1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Matt, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Approved. :slayer:

2. APK

APK Well-Known Member

At the very least, her being 17 would explain some of her behavior discussed earlier in this thread.

3. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

It is a being surprising she is showing soe sign of immaturity..

4. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

you clearly have not read this conversation.

5. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Well, it is done,

I know I have posted about considering it a couple of times before in this thread...but now I have actually done it.

Was decided in my head to do it earlier but with thanksgiving and my work schedule, I never had a reasonable time to fit it in. Finally got around to it today...got off work and over to her place at about 10 and, talked about random inane shit for an hour and then finally moved on to it. I seriously had no idea how she was going to take it...but she took it incredibly well. Seems like she felt pretty much the same so...we're done.

Would rank it as second easiest breakup (but unlike my #1 smoothest breakup, I didn't expect it to be going in).

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  6. APK

APK Well-Known Member

Sometimes it just takes the other person to be brave enough about broaching the subject of terminating a stagnant relationship. I remember kind of wanting out for the umpteenth time and then throwing the idea of ending it out there and, to me surprise, her co-signing.

7. CTGuy

CTGuy Well-Known Member

This is probably the lawyer in me, but "it depends". I think in general it's best to move on, but I know plenty of couples that have a "break up" that is just a fight and things end up being fine.

8. CTGuy

CTGuy Well-Known Member

This is good advice. Tell her you will take the dog off her hands, otherwise it's her problem.

9. HgaleK

HgaleK Well-Known Member

I'm so down for sexing a 17 year old, but dating one seems masochistic.

10. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

It depends what kind of break we're talking about...

A couple is based on trust and it takes a long to built it and a few seconds to destroy it...

11. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was.

12. BlacKidLA

BlacKidLA Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I need some cheering up:

2 months ago I was at a bar and this girl came up to my friends, started talking to them to make her way to me. After we talked for a few mins she asked me to dance. We danced for like 30 minutes until the bar closed then she asked me for my number. That night she texted me and told me she had been eyeing me at the bar all night and wanted to talk to me as soon as she saw me.

I took her out that week for dinner and afterwards we saw each other 2-3 times a week. This girl was so into me: she would constantly compliment me on my looks, the way I talked, and would tell me how much she liked me. We got together so well, I've never liked a lady more than her. About 3 weeks in we get to the "ex conversation" in which she tells me she had recently (2 months before we met) broken up with her ex (who cheated on her) of 3 years. He was in the army and planned on moving to LA with her despite them breaking up. She told me this about 3 weeks into dating. Well...............

Last night he showed up to her place to surprise her. We talked on the phone tonight for about 2 hours and she told me about how great I am and how she still likes me blah, blah, blah... but she still has feelings for her ex and now that he's in LA she has to re-explore their relationship. I understand she still loves him and has feelings for him... It just sucks... We liked each other so much...

I'm so sad :'( [​IMG]

Cheer a nigga up...plz

[​IMG]

13. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Well-Known Member

damn, she looks cute. She looks just like a girl I had a crush on a while back.

Nothing you could do though, was completely out of your hands, if that's any consolation

14. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Shit happens my man. If you were around Hong Kong I'd get you tanked.

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

^Cheer up! shit like that is really out of your hands.

(where is Nil?)

16. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

This "thing" you had with her was DOA. Move on. She clearly has.

17. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

Sounds like it was fun while it lasted. Look at that positive side of it and move right along. If it helps slash her guys tires and pee in his fuel tank along the way.

18. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

That doesn't sound very supportive of the troops.

19. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Not very patriotic..

20. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

I have never clicked on this thread before. I did today and in no time remembered why I had never cared to read any of it; because I hate hearing about people's relationship failures. I'm leaving now.