• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I bought 3 Tom Fords and I feel terrible about it.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is not to say that every suit they own is bespoke, and that anything but bespoke is done merely for shallow vanity reasons.

The conclusion you've drawn is completely detached from what I actually wrote. I didn't create any such binary.
Nonetheless, I fail to understand how buying all of one's suits from Tom Ford RTW (which is what people were suggesting) can ever constitute a "tailoring hobby".
TF, Kiton, Attolini, &c. make exceptionally high quality clothing, but buying it is not much of a hobby.

Last edited:

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

This looks great. I never would have envisioned myself liking a six button DB with 2 rows of buttons each on the same horizontal line, but I really like this.

Thank you. I actually had Andrew Lock buy it for me at C21 just to chop it up- I had never seen it and had no idea of the button configuration. I had spent quite a bit on it so I figured I would put it back together again. Sadly, it no longer fits as I've gained about thirty pounds since that photo was taken.

Last edited:

intense2b

Reaction score
This looks great. I never would have envisioned myself liking a six button DB with 2 rows of buttons each on the same horizontal line, but I really like this.

Holy crap!! I didn't respond the first time because I thought that was a picture from a magazine with some model....I didn't realize it was an actual poster!!

It looks great....really amazing ! Congrats !

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Holy crap!! I didn't respond the first time because I thought that was a picture from a magazine with some model....I didn't realize it was an actual poster!!

It looks great....really amazing ! Congrats !

Thank you. To be clear, that's the suit that I took apart for that blog post, then I put it back together with some alterations.

intense2b

Reaction score
Whatever. .... Looks incredible !!!

So I have some Armani from the 90's ..,,, huge shoulder pads . Can they be saved?

intense2b

Reaction score
Ok ....my gardener will be the best dressed Gardener in NY :)

ajsnyr

Reaction score
Thank you. To be clear, that's the suit that I took apart for that blog post, then I put it back together with some alterations.

The linked to post was fantastic, especially for someone who is learning why one suit is of a better quality than another. I didn't notice a "best of" or "top" posts type post or "new to this blog see these posts" type on your site, is there one somewhere?

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I find it interesting that people can make the claim in this thread that bespoke automatically means perfection, while in another thread there are 209 pages of argument about pa-fucked shoulders in bespoke. And statements such as the following (not to mention previous "bespoke disasters" threads...)
Cognitive dissonance, anyone?

Well surprisingly the amount of people saying "for that money you should have gotten bespoke" is surprisingly low. When i saw the thread tittle i expected at least 20 different people saying "you could have gotten bespoke for XXX dollars from XXX country"

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They got rid of their hong kong bespoke (which was still cut on savile row) a few years ago and have been through several ownership changes since then.

Was it based in HK? i thought it was Shanghai?

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you. I actually had Andrew Lock buy it for me at C21 just to chop it up- I had never seen it and had no idea of the button configuration. I had spent quite a bit on it so I figured I would put it back together again. Sadly, it no longer fits.

I knew that suit looked familiar. :)

jm722

Reaction score

i have 6 tom ford suits i love the fit the quality is great, 4 are 3 piece and i got insane complments when i wear them. I used to wear gucci and dior homme, and tom ford is the more grown up look in a hollywoodesque -way . would I pay 6000 no way! would now be a bad time to mention that i have a nwt 42r 3 piece charcoal tf suit for sale :spam: :foo:
Bespoke to me is something i will do down the road when I have the time and the money, same as buying myself a Patek. I have some bespoke suits from chittleborough & morgan (not made for me) and love the detailing of bespoke.

Is this in the sales somewhere? I was searching for it.

And OP, I'm new too. Been following this site for a month. Your suits look great to me. I really like TFsuits style in general.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads