1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Hugo boss double breasted blazer

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JuniorJetSet, Oct 20, 2004.

1. JuniorJetSet

JuniorJetSet Well-Known Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....MEWA:IT What do you think of this blazer and of Hugo Boss in general? Assuming I wanted to dress this down, what kind of shirt could I wear with it? Or should Doubled Breasted blazers be worn with casual outfits at all? thanks

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

Boss suits/jackets are fused and relatively low quality, especially for the price. There are much better deals to be had on ebay for a jacket like that. Certainly a DB jacket can be dressed down but it's not as easy as it is with a SB jacket. I would look at other brands/items.

3. JuniorJetSet

Thanks for saving me from another bad buy. Guess I'll keep looking...

4. drizzt3117

5. JuniorJetSet

drizzt3117, thanks for posting. I may bid on that blazer if I can locate a tape measurer and make sure 24.5 inch sleeves will fit me.

the tag above the inside pocket reads "Specially Tailored by Brioni for Gene Hiller". I am wondering ifthe quality of this item is comparable to other Brioni products or was produced especially for sale in this store at a discount rate.

Also, how old do think the blazer is?

thanks again.

6. JuniorJetSet

7. drizzt3117

Brioni makes quite a few items for Men's shops, labels like that are common and the quality is the same as one purchased from the Brioni boutique. You will see alot of items on ebay that say "Brioni for Wilkes Bashford" "Brioni for DFine" etc.

As for the age, I'm by no means an expert but it looks like it was made in the 90s, perhaps A Harris or others could comment on that.

I think you can't go wrong for $70, a $120 bid should probably bring that thing I imagine.

8. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Well-Known Member

man this brioni looks awsome. if you think you have body for it, definetly buy that suit

9. drizzt3117

10. drizzt3117

11. drizzt3117

12. JuniorJetSet

I'm in love with that Corneliani. It's a 41 but jugding by the measurements listed, it may fit like a 40.

13. drizzt3117

Measurements look like a 40 to me, and looks plenty long as well. Should be a good fit for a 40L, and I think a pretty good deal for $79.