1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How would you like a girl to dress?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Lel, Jul 9, 2009.

1. superego

superego Well-Known Member

not surprised you'd highlight the 'stuff' in each set of pictures...talk to me when you start liking girls

2. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

This thread is about women's clothing, not women's bodies.

20 people like this.
  3. superego

I'm not talking bodies, dude, I'm talking clothes that accentuate female beauty, rather than covering it up

4. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

That sounds exactly like you're talking about bodies.

8 people like this.
  5. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

How would YOU like a girl to dress /end.

6. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

read the first post of the thread rather than just the title

2 people like this.
  7. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

I want a girl who is just a flowing mass of yohji fabrics

8. diniro

diniro Well-Known Member

"Fashion cannot make you sexy. Experience makes you sexy. Imagination makes people sexy. You have to train yourself, you have to study, and you have to live your life."

"For me, a woman who is absorbed in her work, who does not care about gaining one's favour, strong yet subtle at the same time, is essentially more seductive. The more she hides and abandons her femininity, the more it emerges from the very heart of her existence."

- Yohji Yamamoto

3 people like this.
  9. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

I did and the very first sentence is "What do you like to see on a girl, clothing/style-wise?" and further down it says " I mean, I really want an emphasis on the clothes (err, well overall style I guess). So I suppose in a roundabout way, this is a thread about women's clothing, not just attractive women in clothing." so if he likes that style, he like that style, which is a subjective opinion and as we all know subjective opinions are subjective. :slapfight:

10. superego

no, it doesn't...but feel free to continue arguing something entirely rooted in the subjective though

11. spacepope

spacepope Well-Known Member

enjoy your middling taste

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

edit: let me elaborate here, because this is bugging me. You post pics of girls in blazer/jeans/heels mode. That's cool, not my thing, you're entitled to your opinion. But then you turn around and discount a whole other aesthetic just because it does not fit your narrow-minded criteria of sexiness and femininity. Then you criticize people for calling you out on what is at least to me some narrow-minded, dismissive, ignorant shit. Total blind reactionary hypocrisy. Like... come on dude. That's sad. Expand your horizons a little, you have absolutely nothing to lose and so much to gain.

There, this year's internet rant done. back to girls n clothes

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
    10 people like this.
  12. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think a better title for this thread might be "How I would dress if I were a woman". In some cases it seems like you guys are posting photos of the female equivalent of what you like to wear.

13. spacepope

spacepope Well-Known Member

Also the idea that a woman must dress to be sexy or feminine or attractive or whatever is disturbing in and of itself.

ok I'm done I swear

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. zapatiste

zapatiste Well-Known Member

persevering in trans-dimensional subconsciousness

isn't this only natural ? if you have an interest in something , wouldn't it make sense to be drawn to others who have similar interests ?

15. zapatiste

zapatiste Well-Known Member

persevering in trans-dimensional subconsciousness
    anyway, rustic, layered raw fabrics, colorful or contrasting, think vlaas, ph, dries, marvie, etc. yes i'm anachronistic peasantry :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  16. superego

'discount a whole other aesthetic'? little bit of us versus them thinking? I made a statement, that the women were entirely draped in fabric, not that the entire aesthetic was shit (which for the record, I don't even believe). also, to be clear, as I and now you have alluded to, this is ENTIRELY subjective, as if the word 'like' in the thread description didn't make this obvious. I'm still not sure why this argument developed at all when that's the case. more often than not, when I see stuff on SF that looks ridiculous, I just bite my tongue under the guise of differing opinions. that's fine and I'm completely OK with anyone liking different stuff than me. I also see a lot of stuff that while totally not for me, I find genuinely interesting in some way and can respect--that's why I come back here. the thing that pisses me off though, but frankly doesn't entirely surprise me, is that when I make a comment, rather than attempting to challenge my argument or genuinely discuss, I often get some ridiculous attempt at condescension (most recently 'middling taste' from you and KOYs comment about criticizing 'good' pics after posting my 'bad' ones). you don't need to like what I like, but I'm not entirely clear why my differing opinion would bother you to such an extent that you feel the need to try to shit on me. it's a juvenile, unnecessary, and completely begets the narrow-mindedness you claim to hate.

17. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Well-Known Member

It would help if you didn't act like "subjective" means "beyond reproach"

Look! It's you making this about bodies! That thing you said you didn't do!

2 people like this.
  18. MS007

MS007 Well-Known Member

this thread is a never-ending deja vu.

6 people like this.
  19. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

And what we're getting at is – why is this a problem? What do you mean when you point this out?

20. superego

sf gets territorial when it comes to its fictitious e-women