1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How to wear Velvet Slippers?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Purplelabel, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

My mum bought me black tassel velvet slippers/loafers for Christmas, but due to cold weather and rain I haven't worn them yet.

How could wear them without looking like I'm going to a ball or dinner?

Is there a way to wear them smart/casually?

Thanks in advance chaps. :slayer:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  2. BigBadBernard

BigBadBernard Well-Known Member

If they are velvet slippers wear them with a smoking jacket and an arch expression, in the manner of Noel Coward.

If they are velvet loafers throw them in the bin or wear them looking like a sockless hipster.

3. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Well-Known Member

Ok, definitely slippers. No way to pull that look off in the office! We do have red velvet armchairs for clients so I could blend in I suppose.