1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How To Wear Tie Bars/Clips with Skinny Ties?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Augusto86, May 22, 2008.

1. Modernist

Modernist Well-Known Member

As for placement, depends on the gorge of the suit.It should be just a bit visible, about an inch or two above the gorge.

2. Foxtrot01

Foxtrot01 New Member

hello, first post! trying to revive this thread. I have a questions, I have a wedding in september and my sister suggested I wear a black skinny tie with my charcoal suit, I am 5'9 and about 130lbs(wet) so I am fairly skinny so they say that would probably be a good look for me. I got a black silk skinny tie 1.5 inches, I also got a suggestion about a tie clip, I am not a fan of gold color on my cufflings so I would rather go with silver or brushed metal, what should the length of the tie clip be? I am not sure if the tie clip is supposed to cover all the length of the skinny tie of just a part.

http://mintandwool.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/skinny-tie-bar.jpg

this article suggests that the tie bar or tie clip should be around 1" or at least gives a link to one.

http://mintandwool.wordpress.com/2011/10/23/the-tie-bar-behind-the-man-3/

any advice?