1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How to find guidance as a young(ish) man?

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by LooksGood, Jan 15, 2013.

1. LooksGood

LooksGood Well-Known Member

In an earlier thread on this forum, I communicated that I kinda grew up without parental support. Up til now It didn't feel like THAT big a deal because I just followed what generally you should be doing, go to school, get good grades, go to college, etc. Well now I'm done with all that and working and I feel pretty lost.

I know how to do my job but that's pretty much it. I never learned anything else about investing, relationships, self actualization, etc. I read books about it, but that only teaches you a little bit. Friends tell me about stuff, but half the time it's terrible advice. As funny as it sounds, I kind of wish I had like an older person to tell me his experiences and guide me through some stuff.

Anyone else stuck in this predicament and find a solution to this problem?

2. imschatz

imschatz Well-Known Member

Find a mentor. Find someone who resembles what your 5 year plan might look like, and glob on.