1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

how to dress to a nightclub

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dgr2102, Apr 16, 2011.

1. ysb

ysb Well-Known Member

fuck i miss decent blow. you have to do A LOT or the shit you find where i live, such a bummer.

LOL

....cue OP asking Styleforum on walking him through the process of finding drugs in NYC.

2. tooshay

tooshay Well-Known Member

Your question is ridiculous. I'm sorry.

Clubbing in NYC can range from underground-glitch-core-wonky-post-dubstep in some uber-trendy basement in the LES where you'll be surrounded by Japanese hipsters in $300 Momotaro's to coked-up R&B shitfests in the UES full of B&T types in True Religions or shiny suits.

Find something that wouldn't stick out and that could work anywhere: slim dark jeans, simple sneakers you don't mind getting vomit on and a plain, well fitting shirt.

/THREAD

3. whatever123

whatever123 Well-Known Member

Your question is ridiculous. I'm sorry. Clubbing in NYC can range from underground-glitch-core-wonky-post-dubstep in some uber-trendy basement in the LES where you'll be surrounded by Japanese hipsters in $300 Momotaro's to coked-up R&B shitfests in the UES full of B&T types in True Religions or shiny suits. Find something that wouldn't stick out and that could work anywhere: slim dark jeans, simple sneakers you don't mind getting vomit on and a plain, well fitting shirt. /THREAD
    and find decent drugs!

4. dmash

dmash Well-Known Member

Lol I saw Markus Schulz last night and wore black CPs, dark jeans and a black v neck. 'how to dress to a nightclub' LMAO, come on.

5. tooshay

tooshay Well-Known Member

and find decent drugs!

Of course. I just thought that was obvious so I didn't mention it.

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

what tooshay said. Assuming this is a nicer club:

1. Dark Slim Jeans
    2. Untucked Slim Button-down that falls around your waist (not a dress shirt that falls to your knees)
    3. Dark casual dress shoes (not the pointy, square toe, metal-stud covered shit)
    4. Slim fitting jacket

Good luck tonight and dont stress about it. If you are thinking too much, just have a few more shots.

If a this is a more casual club:

Wear a fitted t-shirt and replace dress shoes with sneaks

7. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Well-Known Member

i have no idea what the club you're going to is like, but if it's in midtown or something and its main clientele are businessmen or people who work/live in the area, then the important part is wearing nice shoes and then second to taht is wearing something that isn't a tshirt and probably a jacket.
    i've never had this type of experience since i don't go to these types of joints, but from what i hear it's not unusual for the bouncers to try to extract some gratuity from you.

if it's not then you will just be at the mercy of whomever the door whore is.

8. Ngredient

Ngredient Well-Known Member

maybe you shouldn't go to a club if this is so difficult

I CONCUR

9. dgr2102

dgr2102 Active Member

It's not difficult. Just looking for opinions. Thanks to all who helped though, issue solved.

10. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Well-Known Member

Post a pic b4 you go.

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Post a pic b4 you go.
    [​IMG]

12. MikeDT

MikeDT Well-Known Member

Anything except a worn-out Mao suit seems to be the norm for the nightclubs I've been to recently, and no flip-flops.

13. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

Anything except a worn-out Mao suit seems to be the norm for the nightclubs I've been to recently, and no flip-flops.

it's pouring rain so flip flops might work!!
    [​IMG]

14. kraands

kraands Well-Known Member

Good grief. I didn't think this was actually a legitimate question when I clicked on the thread.

15. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

Good grief. I didn't think this was actually a legitimate question when I clicked on the thread.
    Well it is a forum about clothing. He's just asking for help, nothing wrong with that.

16. Stillblade

Stillblade Well-Known Member

Man, there's some assholes on this site. Y'all don't need to be so condescending, even if it is a bit silly of a question.

17. Surfrider

Surfrider Well-Known Member

Man, there's some assholes on this site.
    Welcome to today's Style Forum. You're right; some of the people who responded were/are mean-spirited, foul-tempered troglodytes, with responses that were wholly inappropriate. The guy was admittedly out of his realm of experience, probably a bit nervous, and was just looking for a bit of help. ....That being said, it is incredibly poor form to post this kind of thing in a web forum. Asking to be spoonfed ubiquitous information, instead of using a forum's search function is pretty fucking lazy. And annoying. And so frequent, it starts to grate on long-time members of any forum who have seen it all, so many times, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and.... .. . edit: You should note, however, that most of the users here are are actually pretty cool. But it's sometimes hard to notice them over the loudmouths, egomaniacs, jackasses, and trolls. But then, that's the way of most web fora...

18. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

-Striped "button-down" shirt (make sure NOT tucked into jeans)
    -Jeans
    -Square-ish BLACK shoes, rubber sole preferrable
    -Silver toned/stainless steel watch (BIG watch with bold face)
    -Beads and somesuch on the other wrist
    -ATTITUDE

I am not sure if he was being serious but when I read his reply my reaction was "are you serious". Then come to think of it, I was just told recently by a girl that I would not fit into this one club she was going to take me because I dont wear jeans and ed hardy and do the tattoos, earnings, chain with this big ass cross and dimond faced fossil watch. lol She said I dressed too formal for the scene and the guys would look at me like "what is this white kid doing here" think is I am not white, damn ignorant child. But anyway I guess depending on where he is going that may work, maybe you will see Snookers and Sitch and their crew there lol.

Man, there's some assholes on this site. Y'all don't need to be so condescending, even if it is a bit silly of a question.

Some members get frustrated because some posters do not search before posting but they could go about it a different way.

I hope you found something to wear and that you had a good time man, post a pic of what you wore if you would not mind.

19. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Welcome to today's Style Forum.

You're right; some of the people who responded were/are mean-spirited, foul-tempered troglodytes, with responses that were wholly inappropriate. The guy was admittedly out of his realm of experience, probably a bit nervous, and was just looking for a bit of help. ....That being said, it is incredibly poor form to post this kind of thing in a web forum. Asking to be spoonfed ubiquitous information, instead of using a forum's search function is pretty fucking lazy. And annoying. And so frequent, it starts to grate on long-time members of any forum who have seen it all, so many times, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and.... .. .

edit: You should note, however, that most of the users here are are actually pretty cool. But it's sometimes hard to notice them over the loudmouths, egomaniacs, jackasses, and trolls. But then, that's the way of most web fora...

Is this the eternally butthurt ass du who always posts this same response?

20. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

we were being nice....[​IMG]
    you will learn rook!