1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

how to approach dress pants for a beginner wardrobe

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by willsgillen, Nov 1, 2012.

1. suited

suited Well-Known Member

I found that Brooks Brothers 346 line from their outlet fits me - no need for any tailoring. It's been a while, but I believe they're around $40 on a good day. The outlet has an excellent selection of materials and colors, and for that price + no alterations I'm happy. I have yet to see any quality issues with the 346 pants and I wear the shit out of them.

2. willsgillen

willsgillen Well-Known Member

Good advice. This is probably how I'll go about it.

As far as the BB 346, how are they cut?

3. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Well-Known Member

I approach my pants one leg at a time.

4. willsgillen

Has anyone tried the Charles Tyrwhitt tailored fit trousers? If so, how does the fit compare to the Milano slacks from BB?

5. willsgillen

Welp was able to snag 5 pairs of BR slim tailored fit slacks on sale today. They will work for now until I can put together funds to purchase Howard Yount trousers.

6. jesPak

jesPak Active Member

Newly an attending here, nice to hear from colleagues, I am in a similar quandry regarding slacks, appreciate the information. When working on a non-training inpatient unit where I have to do everything myself, I have to say that the BR chinos aren't bad in terms of being durable, comfortable, and having a low price, thus not a big deal to sacrifice if any fluids get on them. Hadn't gotten anything from LE until joining these forums, just ordered first pair of trousers from their site. Though of average weight, I do have a relatively large 'seat' so was wary of ordering anything online with a trim fit, wondering if this was the right call.

7. yywwyy

yywwyy Well-Known Member

Try Howard Yount and Epaulet. May seem pricy to you at first, but it shouldn't be out of your budget and you'll get used to it quickly...

8. willsgillen

Next pair of slacks will definitely be HY. I really needed something a bit slimmer than what i currently have and several pairs of BR seemed to be at the right price. Jespak, the brooks bros advantage chinos are fantastic for the price and come in 5 fits if you like chinos. The wool trousers get pricey though.