1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How terrible does social life after college become? (worried 20 year old sheltered as a teenager)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fisher Shard, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

+100

As long as you don't mind real work and real stress, post college is significantly better than college (even with all the parties and not-studing-time). Again, assuming you get a job that pays well and that you enjoy. I imagine life sucks compared to college if you work in a job that doesn't fulfill you in any way.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

Exactly, I find having an income, and the old stupid saying, "Work hard, play hard" is a fine way to live life. Especially if you settle in a place you like. New York City everyday is a party of sorts. The weekends are fulfilling and I find it much better than being in broke limbo-land.

3. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

OP is a strong beta, does he even lift?

4. AriGold

AriGold Well-Known Member

PatrickBOOTH - that's because you're now a rich successful republican with great hair. OP may not be so (un)lucky.

5. patrickBOOTH

6. AriGold

AriGold Well-Known Member

but the rest is true right?

7. Joshua Lee

Joshua Lee Well-Known Member

The title almost made me cry. Short answer, kinda. If you really want a social life after college, you really need to work for it.

8. Claghorn

The rest is could go either way. If he's not rich, but happy, then he is not a Republican. However, if he's not rich and unhappy, he could be a Republican.

My bet is that he's an apathacrat

9. IChen

IChen Well-Known Member

To OP: If you want to get wasted and have sex every weekend, live/go to campus dorm parties. Transfer or not, just try and hang out at campus dorm parties and you'll start having fun?

I can't wait to graduate from college lol....can actually work full time and make money instead of paying for college.

10. patrickBOOTH

Why have sex only on the weekends? :confused: I had sex on Monday and that was actually very out of character for me.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  11. IChen

IChen Well-Known Member

If he doesn't live at a dorm, might be hard to constantly meet up. My friend had sex with a chick, brought her back to her dorm, and his girlfriend at the time saw him. Both girls didn't want to have sex with him no more [​IMG]

sex too much -> grades drop [​IMG]

12. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

Surprise...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  13. Fisher Shard

Fisher Shard Well-Known Member

well guys, got living arrangements done, I will be living about a few feet from campus, LITERALLY

Like my apartment has undergrads and it is a walking distance from campus.

14. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Well-Known Member

NOBODY CARES! I thought you had figured that out by now and moved on to a forum where people actually share your interests. (self-pitty, being a pussy, ect)

15. Claghorn

Good job. Join clubs, go to parties, bury the self pity deep down, and you'll be fine.

16. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

I've always interacted with people that have 10+ years on me, the youngins annoy me.

17. sparrow

sparrow Well-Known Member

life after college isnt the same.
    if you have 2-3 friends you can call out thats a lot.
    everone is busy with wives and family, or significant others.
    learn when you can from your friends and when they go dont worry, let them go.
    its not that people dont like you anymore its that they are more absorbed in their own thing.

if you are single, count your self being cut out of couple get togethers, and if you arent count your single friends to stop calling you out any more.
    tis life. be happy, and be nice to your parents while you are around them.