1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How should I wear a sweater vest?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Razeus, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Razeus

Razeus Well-Known Member

Just got a real nice one due to clearance sales going on at all these stores.

I never worn one before. It's a gold/orange color. Do I wear one with short sleeve polo's? Or can I wear them with my usual long sleeve cotton button downs?

2. texas_jack

texas_jack Well-Known Member

Long sleeve button downs. I wear them under sport coats mostly. They look good with ties.

3. tiecollector

tiecollector Well-Known Member

Wearing them with a polo will make it look like you are out to shoot 18 holes. I only have one that I got from BR in a plain navy blue. Looks fine with a button down. Sometimes I put a tie with it and jeans. Make sure the vest fits close to the body though, otherwise it looks weird. I had to tack down the sides of the $10 crappy BR one I have.

A pic of the vest would be good too.

4. Razeus

Razeus Well-Known Member

Ok so this dark gold sweater vest over a black long sleeve button down and brown all wool pants (dark brown like chocolate). How would that look?

5. texas_jack

texas_jack Well-Known Member

Ok so this dark gold sweater vest over a black long sleeve button down and brown all wool pants (dark brown like chocolate). How would that look?

Hmm, do you have a blue shirt? I think gold vest over black shirt would look a little dramatic. But then again, I think all black shirts are dramatic. Hard to say.

6. Razeus

Razeus Well-Known Member

^

I have a blue shirt, but it's a baby/sky/light blue oxford style button down by Michael Kors. Don't know how that'll hold up with brown pants though.

7. tiecollector

tiecollector Well-Known Member

^

I have a blue shirt, but it's a baby/sky/light blue oxford style button down by Michael Kors. Don't know how that'll hold up with brown pants though.

I have a similar shirt in white. It sounds like it would work well with the vest. I think black would be a little too early 90s / In Living Color.