1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How Old Is Too Old To Be Eating Cereal?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Neo_Version 7, May 28, 2012.

1. 3dials

3dials Well-Known Member

You're never too old to eat what you want, unless what you want to eat is literally baby food (barring a tragic accident rendering you ill equipped to masticate solid food of course). You're also never too old to assert your preferences and refuse to let others assail them based on their own irrational set of idiosyncrasies.

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

serious answer:

any cereal w/ bananas and strawberries if available.

i just never get a chance to wake up in time for a bowl. i do enjoy it as a midnight snack though. almond or rice milk only

3. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Cereal with fruit and berries is soooooooo good. My favorite topping is raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries.

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

That is like putting A-1 on your filet mignon. Perhaps your lesser cereals, such as Special K or Cracklin' Oat Bran, could benefit from added fruits. But not your top of the line cereals, such as Fruity Pebbles or Cookie Crisp.

5. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

I have to side with Linca. Chucking in bits of fruit into a bowl of Sugar Crisp or Cinnamon Toast Crunch would be gilding the lily, plain and simple.

6. L'Incandescent

And what if you put bananas in your Super Golden Crisp? Would it still have the crunch with punch? Of course the individual grains would be crunchy, but the overall effect of eating the cereal would be a different matter entirely. There are some people who do not take these sorts of things into account, but maybe they should.

7. alexanduh

alexanduh Well-Known Member

man i feel like some cereal now.

havent had cereal since primary school.

now all i eat is peanut butter and honey on toast.

:(

8. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

One of the first things I did as when I moved out was I went and bought a box of Lucky Charms because my parents (mom in particular) refused to buy sugary stuff, partly due to price. I had two bowls and then was like, "I've got a whole box of this shit left?"

So disappointed.

9. mordecai

mordecai Well-Known Member

Awesome thread. I eat Grape Nuts sometimes :lookaround:

10. L'Incandescent

If you had chosen something from the Pebbles family of cereals, you would not have been disappointed. I suggest that you go out and get a box after work tonight.

@mordecai: I have to let Grape Nuts sit in the milk for 20 minutes before I can even think of eating them! It's like a box of BBs.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  11. edinatlanta

When they go on sale--HOLLA!

LC was always the holy grail or, dare I say it--the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow--as it were so I got that. I've liked the pebbles but was going for the big time.

12. L'Incandescent

You know, sometimes in life you've just gotta shoot for the moon. Even when--nay, especially when--you are not assured of success. Now I am inspired; I just might do something great today.

13. Neo_Version 7

The only cereal I think would benefit with added fruits/berries would probably be Rice Krispies.

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Well FWIW I do eat more of the plain cereals hence the bananas and berries ;)

2 people like this.
  15. acularw

acularw Well-Known Member

I used to love rice krispies treats cereal. It was so sugary! Tried to find it in a couple different grocery stores recently and I don't think they make it any more.

16. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

I don't like the sugary cereal so the fruit does enhance it.

17. L'Incandescent

My serious feeling about this is that the texture of the fruit--no matter which fruit it is--conflicts too much with the texture of the cereal. I don't know why that bothers me, but it does.

18. Neo_Version 7

Yes. Crunch and mush do not go well together.

19. edinatlanta

Breakfast--corn flakes con banana.

The key to a great bowl of cereal is the milk has to be super super cold, no matter the weather.