1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How Often to Shave?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by California Dreamer, Nov 10, 2006.

1. DeSica

DeSica Well-Known Member

You have to take your enviroment into account. As I have posted elsewhere, I don't shave very often. Partly becuase of my late father's advice to me as a kid, and partly due to sensitive skin. Your job may require that you look clean shaven every day, or it may not. Where you live may also factor in.

When I was in Italy some years back, my uncle and a family friend lectured me that one should shave every two days. One day on, one day off. That was acceptable in a professional enviroment (my uncle was a H.S. gym teacher, and over there teachers are called "professore" by students).

They assumed that my laidback approach to shaving was cultural, but I pointed out that their shaving habits wouldn't fly in most parts of North America, especially the corporate world.

If you're a face in the corporate world, you probably have to shave every day. If you're a software developer on the west coast, you can shave once every vernal equinox and walk around in shorts and sandals.