• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How often do you wash your hair?

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shampoo/conditioner daily, though I want to try cutting back - my hair looks better on the day after a wash. But I feel gross - I assume that's something that goes away as you get used to the new routine?

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every morning. When it's short it actually looks okay unwashed, but it feels horrible...

Orion_95

Reaction score
Well I must admit, after 2 weeks of cutting back shampooing (to once or twice a week) and instead just 'washing' with conditioner daily... My hair feels and looks a LOT better, and doesnt feel or look dirty at all.

I'll be sticking with this new routine!

Ty.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orion_95
Well I must admit, after 2 weeks of cutting back shampooing (to once or twice a week) and instead just 'washing' with conditioner daily... My hair feels and looks a LOT better, and doesnt feel or look dirty at all. I'll be sticking with this new routine! Ty.
I'm also washing my hair less, and am pleased so far. My hair seems to have a better shine and is softer.

boxdiver

Reaction score
Old bump since I was going to start a thread on this.

I don't know how you guys don't wash it everyday. I go to the gym/run 4-5x/week, and my hair is usually very sweaty/wet after a workout. I can't see how you wouldn't have to wash it.

hastur

Reaction score
Once or twice a month with Doctor Bronner's castile soap. Usually the day of my monthly hair cut. Rinse it thoroughly with water in the shower every day or twice a day, depending on how many showers I take.

And no, it isn't greasy, and doesn't smell. It's healthier than it's ever been and will do just about anything I want without any product at all.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by boxdiver

I don't know how you guys don't wash it everyday. I go to the gym/run 4-5x/week, and my hair is usually very sweaty/wet after a workout. I can't see how you wouldn't have to wash it.

You can get hair that you don't have to wash by not going to the gym/running 4-5x/week.

I condition daily, wash once or twice a week.

hastur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by boxdiver

Didn't see this. I exercise 6 or 7 days out of the week, and still don't wash it frequently. Hot water and a quick lather is more than enough to rinse all of the salt/sweat residue out of your hair.

I have relatively short hair, though.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Every other day. I used to go two or three days without washing it, but I can't stand to let it go more than a day now. Go too long without washing and my hair gets really flat, looks greasy, and most importantly, looks a lot thinner at the front of the hairline than after a wash.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
every 3 days mostly - in between washes, i do run water through it and try to wash out the stanky 'dirty hair' smell + all the product buildup.

every 2 weeks or so i'll wash my hair with a deep cleansing shampoo with a bit of Palmolive to really strip out all the oil/product buildup. i follow it with a really moisturizing conditioning treatment with a few drops of jojoba oil.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads