1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How Often Do You Talk to Your Parents?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Neo_Version 7, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

Though not an active or enthusiastic user, my mother is on facebook but she's suprisingly hasn't tried friending me. Dunno if I should be relieved or disturbed

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

Is her profile at least visible? :uhoh:

3. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Nope, just always been this way

4. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

I talk to my mom usually once a week. My dad is usually close by, so he'll ask my mom to say hi to me, and I'll do likewise.

5. Reggs

Reggs Well-Known Member

If she's a good conversationalist, encourage her to volunteer for some sort of hotline.

6. Reggs

Reggs Well-Known Member

I speak to my parents about once a week. I enjoy talking to them and we usually talk for a long time. I wish they lived next door. My father is the only person I ask for advice on any regular basis.

What happened?

7. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

talked to one of my parental unit about money yesterday. the passive-aggressive tendency, the i-am-a-victim mentality and the bare face lies really strengthens by belief that in my case, I will never get along with them, we will never get to know each other better, its just a parents-offspring relationship at its basest form. they never wanted to know me more as a person rather than someone that they raised and someone that they can demand things from being that I owe them that, and I couldn't care less. I'm not sorry about it, I don't feel sad or remorseful that things are like this. this is the environment they like to put themselves in, and the only good that comes out of this is I learn from this mistake, and I will raise my kids in a whole lot better environment.

8. Mr Herbert

Mr Herbert Well-Known Member

speak to my mum on the phone about twice a week and a few text messages or emails as well. try and see her at least once a week also.

inevitably see my inlaws way more than my own mother which i try and balance out

9. fwiffo

fwiffo Well-Known Member

E-mails two or three times a week each. I also drop by their place once a weekend.

10. fwiffo

fwiffo Well-Known Member

My memory is fuzzy and hazy most days but that's from The Gladiator when Joquain Phoenix goes to Germany to speak to Richard Harris.

11. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

A few years ago my mom was like "you know what would be a nice Christmas present? If you added me on Facebook--I mean you don't have to if you don't want to, I understand you need your space." So I didn't add her. A few months later "as a joke" she added me. So I blocked her.

http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/programs/2012/04/21/scripts/mom.shtml

12. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

Passive aggressive much?

13. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

I call my mother once a day because she is a worry wart. I talk to my father maybe once every two weeks or so.

14. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

I try to call my parents once a week but sometimes go two or three weeks between calls. They call me about as often. However, there are times I call them 5 or 6 times a day. Those conversations are usually about 20 seconds long each looking for cooking or gardening advice.

I have two brothers and two sisters and I am pretty sure they each call my parents everyday.

My wife calls her parents a few times a week that I am aware of (maybe more since she could be calling when I am not home so who knows...).

15. nkd268

nkd268 New Member

Although I'm living apart from my parents, I can say that I call them (and they call me) twice a week :) I'm 24 and I'm not married yet fyi.

16. xpress

xpress Well-Known Member

Once a week.

Family breakfast FTW.

17. bullrams

bullrams Well-Known Member

Every two days or so - they are in India... Skype every Sat/Sun to have them interact with their 2 yo grandson.

18. curzon

curzon Well-Known Member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti

LOL. Hook, line and sinker. I'm not one for memorizing lines to movies. Hell, I can't remember the characters' names most often. I think the only line I ever remembered was, "Food fight!"

When I've quoted it... it hasn't served me well.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012