• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much should I pay for an Attolini suit?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ShopTheFinest has some for sale in your size averaging $1,700

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
ShopTheFinest has some for sale in your size averaging $1,700

Thanks but STF sells some very old stuff.

Macallan9

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond
You are so full of **** it's laughable. In what, size 56L?

I sold this solid charcoal a few months back for a bit over $2K

In popular sizes there will always be people willing to pay around 50-60% off retail for Attolini.

A wise man once said - "good bespoke is better than bad RTW but good RTW is always better than bad bespoke".

FWIW - I bought that suit for myself, it fit great but the trousers rise was way too low. I was able to immedietly re-sell it for more than i paid.

Calm down, kid. It's not that serious, and I dont really care if you don't believe me. There were several of them BIN 700-1000 40-44R a few months back. Perhaps not current season, but I cant tell and dont really care about that. Perhaps it was an isolated instance, but those were up for at least 20 days in my watched items.

Doxe

Reaction score
If you can afford it, and it fits, then buy it.

Don't buy just because it is a deal.

As for bespoke, I've had my last 2 suits and a tux made from scratch and they're not perfect. They are better than what I can find OTR, but "perfection" is illusory.

I am happy though, and that's what counts.

kcc

Reaction score
@ OP, recently I spoke with a "representative" of Attolini and La Vera Sar. Nap.; he resides in CT, but travels to NYC to conduct orders & fittings etc. His prices are less than retail. I personally don't have any experience with him, but I'd be happy to provide you with his contact information. PM me if interested

Mountains

Reaction score
OTR clothing isn't inherently worse than bespoke just because it's OTR. If it fits, by all means go for it.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if you can afford it, go for it. Though, do check your closet size before you do so
laugh.gif
I am debating whether to buy another DB solely base on that reaosn...

captoe

Reaction score
i'd go for it. wish it could be a little bit less but where do you even get a silhouette like that in bespoke?

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are so full of **** it's laughable. In what, size 56L?

I sold this solid charcoal a few months back for a bit over $2K
IMG_2862_2.jpg

In popular sizes there will always be people willing to pay around 50-60% off retail for Attolini.

A wise man once said - "good bespoke is better than bad RTW but good RTW is always better than bad bespoke".

FWIW - I bought that suit for myself, it fit great but the trousers rise was way too low. I was able to immedietly re-sell it for more than i paid.

haha did you sell that on ebay? if so i think i was one of the ones bidding on it. 36r right? i lost out though and ended up getting a navy blue one from shop the finest. If the attolini fits you well there is no way in hell you are getting bespoke of that level for 2600. Maybe from napoli su misura but ill find that out tomorrow!

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are so full of **** it's laughable. In what, size 56L? I sold this solid charcoal a few months back for a bit over $2K
IMG_2862_2.jpg
In popular sizes there will always be people willing to pay around 50-60% off retail for Attolini. A wise man once said - "good bespoke is better than bad RTW but good RTW is always better than bad bespoke". FWIW - I bought that suit for myself, it fit great but the trousers rise was way too low. I was able to immedietly re-sell it for more than i paid.

If you find some Zileri that has more or less that figure in that color, let me know. I´ll pay 1500 euros for the Attolini I got in my wanted add. in Euro 48r or 46r Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Originally Posted by Doxe
If you can afford it, and it fits, then buy it. Don't buy just because it is a deal. As for bespoke, I've had my last 2 suits and a tux made from scratch and they're not perfect. They are better than what I can find OTR, but "perfection" is illusory. I am happy though, and that's what counts.
Well said.
Originally Posted by captoe
i'd go for it. wish it could be a little bit less but where do you even get a silhouette like that in bespoke?
I got a drop 10 or so , I can get that silhoutte in tons of RTW suits. I´m lucky yehaaa
devil.gif

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't you get two Chan bespoke suits for that price? Do you need a new suit right now?

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jeff13007
haha did you sell that on ebay? if so i think i was one of the ones bidding on it. 36r right? i lost out though and ended up getting a navy blue one from shop the finest. If the attolini fits you well there is no way in hell you are getting bespoke of that level for 2600. Maybe from napoli su misura but ill find that out tomorrow!

Yep, had about a 9" inch rise....Ouch!

jungshoe

Reaction score

+1. in my experience, great rtw is better than even merely good bespoke.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Macallan9
2600 is far too much to pay for a non-bespoke suit, IMO.

+1

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jungshoe
+1. in my experience, great rtw is better than even merely good bespoke.
+1 imo. I've got mostly borrelli and some bespoke stuff. It's difficult to match the level of quality the top-tier Italians put out. The pick-stitching on my borrelli is clearly better, but the balance better on my bespoke due to a lower shoulder. My borrelli is more comfortable. That said, I can't afford to do bespoke all the time and don't have access to Rubinacci. So when I find borrelli jackets for 800-1200 I jump on them. One day when I hopefully have better access to naples I can go exclusively bespoke. There are very few makers that would equal Attolini in quality though. People seem to forget that. It is most certainly worth 2k if you are going to wear it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads