1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How much length shrinkage to expect with a Lacoste polo?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dusty, Jul 4, 2006.

1. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

The tag says not to dry it, but I probably will unless the length is going to shrink a lot.

2. DNW

DNW Well-Known Member

About 1-1.5" depending on how hot you set the dryer. I actually hot wash and dry mine for the first time so I don't have to worry about it later.

3. darkoak

darkoak Well-Known Member

I usually hang to dry; however in the couple of times I forgot to take it out of the laundry pile and include it in the tumbler, it shrank around 1.5". Not a problem though, as what I usually do then is just include it in the next batch of wash, and hang to dry after stretching the length a bit while wet. Usually the length returns to normal.

4. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Well-Known Member

i'm size 4 in lacoste polos and don't dry my lacoste polos. reason being i accidently did once, and it was too short for me. keep in mind i'm pretty normally built, 5'11, athletic build.

plus it keeps them looking newer longer.

i only dry them when i need to shrink down the ribbing on the collar and arm bands. 10 min on delicate

5. Panerai118

Panerai118 Active Member

Unless you want it to shrink, don't throw it into the dryer. My GF threw it in once, and it shrank a little bit.

6. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

My GF threw it in once, and it shrank a little bit.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh, to take quotes out of context [​IMG].

7. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

I guess I'll keep it out of the dryer then. I hate having to be so precious about a polo.

8. DNW

DNW Well-Known Member

I guess I'll keep it out of the dryer then. I hate having to be so precious about a polo.

You don't have to be. Buy one size larger and shrink the crap out of it. I wash my polos with the rest of my clothes. They don't deserve special treatment just because they're Lacoste.

9. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

The thing is I have some SS Lacostes in a 4 and dry them, and they are now too short for my liking. When I was looking for a slim LS polo, I tried on a Lacoste 3 not expecting it to be long enough, but it was. So I need to try to retain that length, since if I dry it it will presumably be even shorter than the 4's.

10. bigsink

bigsink Well-Known Member

answer: too much. dont dry it.

I dried mine once and it shrank nearly 2sizes. I ended up looking like a fool trying to show off his muscles.

11. StevenRocks

StevenRocks Well-Known Member

I almost ruined my black Lacoste when I put it in the dryer. Air-drying is better for the size and life of the shirt.

12. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

I dry it in the dryer too much because they're too baggy for me, even their "extra small." But after that, hang dry it.

13. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Well-Known Member

:satisfied:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  14. auto-bite

auto-bite Well-Known Member

I would recommend cold wash and hang dry. Great polos btw. Definitely one of the best in my opinion.