1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How much do you sleep?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by dusty, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Oddly Familiar

Oddly Familiar Well-Known Member

Sleep has always been satisfying for me. But, over the last year I would say I've got 7 hours on a good night during the week. Lately, Ive been doing 6 and feel exhausted at school, but right after 3 I feel fine and couldn't go to sleep if I wanted to. Most of the time. On the weekends, I get probably 13 every night I spend at home. When I'm out until 4 in the morning, I get about 8. Sundays I get 2 or 3 sometimes, because my dad drags me to church.

2. JBZ

JBZ Well-Known Member

I've never averaged more than six hours of sleep per night during the average week, that I can remember, so if I have an enourmous sleep debt - it's just one more debt that I'll probably never pay off...

Oh, I don't know. I think all of us are going to pay off our sleep debt (and then some) eventually.

Personally, I need at least 7 hours a night or I have trouble functioning. I can get by on 6 for a couple of nights, but after that it catches up with me pretty quickly.

3. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Well-Known Member

5.5 to 6 on the weekdays, maybe 7 on the weekends.

I consider anyone who needs 8 hours / day to be slovenly. Not fair, but I can't help it.

4. Andrew V.

Andrew V. Well-Known Member

I think I need 7 hours or so, but function best if I get at least 8 hours.

Sleeping enough is good for your health. It's no more indulgent than eating healthfully or exercising.

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

I've been trying to sleep as little as possible and according to my imaginary friend Bob; mentally, I'm better than I used to be.

Jon.

6. topcatny

topcatny Well-Known Member

I probably average 5-6 hrs a night. I feel much better when I get 7-8 hours a night though. I find as I get a little older that I don't function as well on little sleep like I used to. It used to not make much difference to me if I got 3or 4 hours of sleep a night. Now, I can still wake up and function but I am not nearly as productive.

7. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

I get 6 or 7 per night and I'm rarely ever tired during the day. However, I take a multivitamin every day and exercise regularly - I'm betting it has more to do with the exercise than anything else. I noticed that during times when Im not exercising, I feel lethargic and low on energy.

8. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

Sleeping is one of those things I have never been good at.

I guess I average around 7, but I always wake up 4 or 5 times a night, so I get poor quality sleep.

I used to compensate for this by having one really early night a week - I would go to sleep at like 7.30 or 8 pm, and not get up til normal time, it helped...i should get back to doing that.

9. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

I need 6 hours, but I like to have more. Lately I've increased my cardio, and I seem more tired in the evenings...Maybe I need the vitamins too.

10. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

People who sleep less live longer according to a study covered in this article.
    In more ways than one! I almost never remember my dreams, so as far as I'm concerned, if I'm asleep I might as well be dead. I've never understood people who say they "love sleep". You're not conscious, how can you love it? I think what they mean is that they like waking up after sleeping for a long time. But for me, that's just not worth it. Once in a while, I'll get nine hours on a Saturday night after being out late. That's enough for me.

11. CaptChaos

CaptChaos Well-Known Member

I like to get about 8 hours of sleep and have been getting it about 50-60% of the time recently.

12. Tck13

Tck13 Well-Known Member

I like to get about 8 hours of sleep and have been getting it about 50-60% of the time recently.

You really need to get your Avatar back up. That is def one of the best on the forum.

I try to get 7.5 hrs of sleep per night because; I recently learned that a sleep cycle is approx 45 min? (1hr15min?) long (I forget which).

Apparently, it is much easier to wake up at the end of a sleep cycle as opposed to waking up in the middle of one. I guess one naturally comes out of sleep at the end of a cycle.

13. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Well-Known Member

Sleep is for wimps.

koji

14. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

I like to sleep because my dreams are fun and I remember most of them. At least for a few hours to a day. Things like free falling, running from the giant gorilla man, and shooting Michael Jackson with a flare gun.

One of these days I am going to work on astral projection

15. denning

denning Well-Known Member

In my undergrad I went for 53 days without getting more than 5 hours of sleep a day and that really fucked me up. Normally I would need between 7-8, and I had a really healthy diet and active life. However, last year I got in an accident that put me in a coma, caused some amnesia, some minor longterm head problems and since then i have been needing more. Between sleep and naps I average probably close to 10 hours a day. Some like Mr. Checks would consider that slovenly, but I can't help it. I wish I could.

When my sister was in high school she got Mono and then Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and ended up sleeping 22.5-23 hours a day for a year. She only got up to eat and go to the bathroom. She had to drop out of school for the year, that was really tough on her.

16. imageWIS

Sleep is for wimps.

koji

So is lunch.

Jon.

17. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Well-Known Member

So is lunch.

Jon.

Ya wanna friend? Get a dog, pal.

[​IMG]

koji

18. imageWIS

Ya wanna friend? Get a dog, pal.

[​IMG]

koji

Greed is good. [​IMG]

And this reminds me of RL: "˜Yeah, not bad for a City College boy. I bought my way in, now all these Ivy league schmucks are sucking my kneecaps.' No?

Jon.

19. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"you like my shirt? thank you...its a Grayson"

20. imageWIS

[​IMG]

"you like my shirt? thank you...its a Grayson"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

LMFAO.

Funniest Post, EVER!