1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How much did you pay for your wife's/fiancee's engagement ring?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by merkur, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Woofa

Woofa Well-Known Member

I know that not everyone has an option like this but as my mother passed when I was younger, I was able to use a diamond from her jewelry. While I probably could have afforded to buy a slightly larger stone instead, the emotional connection was more important to us both. By having the diamond put into a new setting which my fiance (now wife) picked out, it created something shared between my wife and my mother, that she never had a chance to meet. I also had my wedding band made from gold melted from a few other pieces of my mothers jewelry. If you have access to such family heirlooms I highly suggest at least giving it some thought.

2. texas_jack

texas_jack Well-Known Member

My buddy just gave his fiancé his mom's ring. Lucky for her it was about 4 carats.

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

This thread reminds me a little bit of the State Farm thread.

4. white collar

white collar Well-Known Member

After reading this thread I realize I lucked out more than I thought. I'm currently shopping for a girl with quite small hands and honestly anything over .5ct is uncomfortable for her to wear. I can't imagine spending more than 3.5k on an engagement ring, both of us would rather that money go into a house.

5. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

be careful with that one... she's pretty clearly crazy

1 person likes this.
  6. white collar

white collar Well-Known Member

[​IMG] can you explain? I don't understand.

7. Imhoff

Imhoff Well-Known Member

About to take the plunge in a couple months. Shopping around for a ring. My stress is through the roof. All for love I suppose! :slayer: