1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How many times you workout per week?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by sho'nuff, May 28, 2008.

1. Geno Malkin

Geno Malkin Well-Known Member

I run about 3 times a week for usually between 2 to 4 miles each time and do about 100 or so crunches almost everyday. I never lift weights though.

2. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Well-Known Member

im with you , it's very addictive, but dont be too down on yourself . right now it's our opportunity to do it, i got the time, we take care of priorities, we could make the most of our workout for now.
    i know when let say i get kids one day, it will slow me down too.

very true, i mean i also quit drinking last november (personal choice), so i don't find going out to bars/clubs all that exciting anymore anyways. all i have is time anyways and i've been seeing awesome results, i dropped about 40lbs since january and can finally see my abs again, so i guess it has been worth it on some level...

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

very true, i mean i also quit drinking last november (personal choice), so i don't find going out to bars/clubs all that exciting anymore anyways. all i have is time anyways and i've been seeing awesome results, i dropped about 40lbs since january and can finally see my abs again, so i guess it has been worth it on some level...

tooch that is definitely worth it. you do what you can at the time, and when you do , you try your best. i dont go to clubs or bars either. i Also dont drink as well! congratulations on your weight loss!
    i also some weight as well recently: 30 pounds since october last year. wow, our lives are a bit parallel[​IMG]

4. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

I work out to stay toned, maintain a a 10" or more drop between my chest and waist measurements and keep my weight as close to 190 pounds as possible. To those ends I generally work out six days a week: M, W, F weights and cardio; T, TH, S extended cardio!

5. sho'nuff

I work out to stay toned, maintain a a 10" or more drop between my chest and waist measurements and keep my weight as close to 190 pounds as possible. To those ends I generally work out six days a week: M, W, F weights and cardio; T, TH, S extended cardio!

that is excellent. keep at it.

6. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Well-Known Member

tooch that is definitely worth it. you do what you can at the time, and when you do , you try your best. i dont go to clubs or bars either. i Also dont drink as well! congratulations on your weight loss!
    i also some weight as well recently: 30 pounds since october last year. wow, our lives are a bit parallel[​IMG]

thanks and good work on your side as well. i have had a couple muscle pulls/injuries the last couple of weeks, so i am taking it easy on the cardio. i am pretty much just focusing on upperbody for now until my legs feel better, not that they need much work because i have 19.5" calves already and almost no body fat from the wait down.

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

I try to go 4-5 days a week. It all really depends what my work / school schedule is like. My workout is normally divided like this:

Monday: Chest, Tri’s and Shoulders
    Tuesday: Off
    Wednesday: Cardio (20 minutes HIIT elliptical, but only using my legs, I try not to drop under 80 rpm’s @ level 8), abs and oblique’s
    Thursday: Off
    Friday: Back and Biceps
    Saturday: Legs and Lower back
    Sunday: Off

I recently bought a jump rope, so on off days, if I have a little energy I’ll jump for 10-20 minutes.

Jon.

8. TUspiv

TUspiv Well-Known Member

I do very little cardio, but the schedule that works out for me is: MWF:weights T+TH:cardio. Too much cardio and I'll begin to lose some of the weight I am trying to put on...you need weekends to rest as well, sometimes thats just as important as working out. Or so I've been told.

9. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

I recently bought a jump rope, so on off days, if I have a little energy I’ll jump for 10-20 minutes.
    Rope skipping is a great cardio workout but I think I would drop dead if I was skipping for 20 mn ...

[​IMG]

10. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

There is no option for once every fifteen years, so I could not vote.

11. Mr. Potato

Mr. Potato Well-Known Member

Everyday. Walking from a parking lot to a building is enough workout for me. Sometimes I have to carry some weight on each hand back.

12. Nil

Nil Well-Known Member

I've been boxing 3 days a week and lifting twice for awhile now. Lately I've found it hard to get to the boxing gym in time to get a good workout on Friday (they close at 8 that day) so it's been boxing twice and lifting 3 days and might become that way for the foreseeable future.

13. 3 Prague Winters

3 Prague Winters Well-Known Member

14. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

Rope skipping is a great cardio workout but I think I would drop dead if I was skipping for 20 mn ...

Well, I don’t do it for 20 minutes straight. I do like 50-100 skips. Rest, do another 50-100, rest, at al…until I do like 500 or so skips. I did like 750 skips the other day and my calves are killing me.

[​IMG]

Jon.

15. sho'nuff

hahaha. that is why i said this thread is for those who do work out in my first post. i did not put an option for those who dont.

16. bomber

bomber Active Member

I go to the gym to lift mon/tues/thurs/fri during lunch.

I play racquetball on Monday nights and go to spin class on Wed/Fri nights (during the winter, in the nicer weather I usually ride the road bike).

Weekends I usually do something, but it just depends what's going on.

17. snake

snake Well-Known Member

I would say about 4 time per week. Mostly weights, but cardio sometimes as well to mix things up a bit.

18. Antonio Centeno

Antonio Centeno Well-Known Member

4 to 5 days a week. Mostly cardio with 3-4 free weight workouts. Unless you are training for competition, the trade off of time to health benefits isn't enough to justify a strict 6 day routine