1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

how many shoes for a rotation

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kmwrestle, Jul 16, 2008.

1. kmwrestle

kmwrestle Well-Known Member

i picked up a pair of AE byrons in chili

looking for a dark brown bal still though for around the 200.00 price range

2. RichmondStyle

RichmondStyle Well-Known Member

I've lost about 15 pounds in the couple of months that I've been following this forum and am right around my goal of 185 pounds (I'm 6'2"). I find that buying very nice clothes has a way of locking in weight loss -- if I were to outgrow my new RLPL suit, I think I'd cry.

3. GeorgePaul

GeorgePaul Well-Known Member

When you lose weight, your shoe size will probably change a bit as well. Another reason to stick with the shoes you have, or limit your expenditure.
    +1. I lost 30 lbs last year and my feet became much smaller -- I replaced all of my shoes.

4. Grayland

Grayland Well-Known Member

i picked up a pair of AE byrons in chili

looking for a dark brown bal still though for around the 200.00 price range

AE Byron in Chili; my first quality shoe and what led me to SF. Still my favorite, by far. The chili color really develops a nice patina. You should be able to pick up the AE Dryden in Mocha (dark brown).

5. audiophilia

audiophilia Well-Known Member

Funny replies!

I've lost 80 lbs. Feet are the same. 11D. LOL

To the shoes:

Five is plenty. 2 Black, 1 tan, 1 dark brown, 1 burgundy, 4 (3) Oxfords, 1 (2) Monks. You don't need any loafers ;-)

But stay here a while, and you'll get the bug. A year ago, I figured 3 in rotation was fine -- they were pretty good quality and correct style for occasions.

Now, they've been dumped. I went a bit nutz.

In the last year, I've snagged 2 Testoni, 1 JM Weston, 1 Santoni, 1 Loding, 1 Canali, 1 Boss, 1 AE. Not a loafer among them. I feel I'm now covered for colour and style. Except for the Santoni (Harrods sale), I got them all retail. Not a good idea, but I drank the Kool Aid.

[​IMG]

6. VictorC

VictorC Well-Known Member

The more shoes you have the least likely your insoles will smell though, am i right? If you wear a shoe every other day, opposed to wearing it once and then resting it for 2 or 3 days is definately better isnt it?