1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

3 miles on the treadmill for me this morning. I'm looking forward to getting in about 10 or 12 tomorrow morning before I go all Turkey Day and veg out on the couch with football, beer, and too much food.

Which Nike's did you get? I really liked my Nike Free when I had them and my Air Pegasus are tied as my current favorites (I rotate between them and Saucony Zealot). I think I always gave Nike short shrift as being too much about fashion and not function but the salesman at my local store cut me a deal on a pair when he heard my skepticism and I was really impressed.

2. jbarwick

jbarwick Well-Known Member

Those sound like what I am experiencing. It varies on level of discomfort throughout the day.

3. blahspam

blahspam Well-Known Member

Quote: I picked up a pair of Kiger 3. Nikes have traditionally been to narrow for me but the Kiger 3 is probably the nicest shoe I've worn since the (seemingly discontinued?) Newton BoCo AT.

They have a nice wide toebox that avoids feeling sloppy (lookin' at you Altra!) due to the unique upper/lacing system, a 4mm drop, moderate stack height, and semi aggressive lugs...all I can say is [​IMG]

4. hirschlederne

hirschlederne Well-Known Member

Ran the usual 1870 m but the track got wet and slippery due to snowfall. That stuff slows me down. :(

5. blahspam

15 trail miles with lots of single track. Pushed the pace a bit. Feels good.

Had to get my long run in today since my favorite trails will be log jammed with turkey trotters tomorrow.

6. wingin' it

wingin' it Well-Known Member

Core work and an elevation hike on the incline trainer yesterday with 2.4 miles.
    Today went out on the road to test the ankle. Feels good. 6.4 miles @ 7:32 pace.

I had that after a winter ultra when on the last lap I changed into a pair of shoes that were too tight and w/ winter socks made it worse. I wanted the deeper lugs for the snow traction.
    Anyway, after the race both feet had what felt like a marble under the forefoot. I opened "Fixing your feet" to see what it was and both Morton's Neuroma and Metatarsal drop seemed like what it was.
    What I did to heal it was:
    - Got rid of all old shoes
    - Got rid of any shoes that were tight on the forefoot and only bought wider ones
    - Bought several types of shoe inserts that were thicker and stiffer to try
    - Stretched toes every day (you'll feel it)
    - Rolled the sore area w a ball (baseball) every day

Left foot went away in a month. Right foot took 3-4 month to go away. If that doesn't work, cortisone shots or surgery are next steps according to book.

BTW, I'd recommend "fixing your feet" for anyone that spends time running. Great book.
    Good luck JB

7. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

I just finished my own personal Turkey Trot. 6.25 miles in the snow in 25 degree temperature. Good times! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

8. blahspam

Spent Black Friday fighting the crowds ... On the trails. 15-16 miles with some good hard climbs. Really nice to see so many people thumbing their nose at the sales and getting outside instead.

9. cocostella

cocostella Well-Known Member

10. hirschlederne

Ran a new personal record on my track yesterday night, despite the cold air: 08:17. Pretty amazing time, my 2012 record was 08:35.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  11. jbarwick

4.5 miles yesterday on the trails and 2hrs in the climbing gym today. They had lacrosse balls there so I picked on up to help roll out muscles. It feels great on my left foot which I have been having issues with.

12. wingin' it

6.1 miles Friday
    5.8 miles today

13. Wing0

Wing0 Well-Known Member

Good News: I was able to drop 2 mins from my last 1/2 marathon on Thanksgiving day by almost 3 mins finishing at almost 1:35 flat

Bad news:Ended up only doing 106 miles this month because of my injury and to make matters worse it slowed me down 17 secs from my usual monthly pace.

Overall not that upset given the reasoning

14. blahspam

9-10 trail miles today. Been sticking with a push the ups / rest the downs strategy and it seems to be paying off.

15. Slips

Slips Member

I had my first free day in a while so I did five miles and it felt great when I got back.

16. cocostella

cocostella Well-Known Member

17. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

5km this evening, dodging black ice by headlamp... "Race" day is five days away!

1 person likes this.
  18. jbarwick

Got in 5 miles this morning. Pre-run warm up seems to have helped but could have been placebo.

19. wingin' it

20. hirschlederne

1870 m yesterday in 08:17. Broke my record last Saturday, from 08:22 to 08:17 despite the cold air.