• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ran 6km on an indoor track.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fingers crossed as I go for an MRI on my tibia on Friday. A recent x-ray indicates that I did not have a fracture on my shin bone as was previously thought. The pain might have been caused by damaged tissue around muscles in my shin. Little by little, I am regaining normal use of my leg as the therapy treatments kick in. Can't wait to go out for a run.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ good luck CP! Unfortunately I'm starting to get some shin pain again and my sciatica is acting up as well. Looks like it's back to recovery again for me, I'm going to try and take at least a few weeks off to let my body heal.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4 miles this morning in heavy snow for NYC. wore my new merrell mixmaster trail shoes and they held up really well. #0droplife

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5.1 today.
Good luck CP and BG with injury recovery. Hopefully you can find a good balance with shoes, distance, and training to stay healthy.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10.5 this morning on a beautiful spring-ish day in New York. Snow to sunburn in 24 hours is so weird.

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We had the opposite. 13 mies this afternoon on a windy, rainy, cold autumn like day. 60's heading our way by end of week though.
Tapering the next 2 weeks.

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

4 miles this morning in heavy snow for NYC. wore my new merrell mixmaster trail shoes and they held up really well.

I'm looking for a pair of shoes that are good in wet road conditions and rainy weather. Were the Merrell good due to snow cushioning or can you wear them on the road with little issue? I see a couple of the mixmaster listed at R Warehouse (MM2 and MM Tuff). The MM2 have a waterproof option is why I'm asking.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
8.8 this afternoon on a glorious San Francisco day! 64 degrees and a strong sea breeze.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm looking for a pair of shoes that are good in wet road conditions and rainy weather. Were the Merrell good due to snow cushioning or can you wear them on the road with little issue? I see a couple of the mixmaster listed at R Warehouse (MM2 and MM Tuff). The MM2 have a waterproof option is why I'm asking.

I'd say go for it. I was running on snow covered road and I got great traction. There were definitely sections of exposed wet pavement and while not ideal as a road shoe, they were not uncomfortable under foot at all. Nice little shoe, and I have a collection of a dozen pairs and have tried on basically everything else that exists.

Another shoe PSA actually, the adidas energy boost is real. Very light comfortable tight fitting shoe. Took them out for 10 this morning and they were verry comfortable and responsive. I think they would be appropriate for track, tempo, long runs and recovery. The "how many miles did you run today" one shoe :foo::foo::foo:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads