1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. wingin' it

wingin' it Well-Known Member

9 miles today on trails.

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

7.5 after work today, nice and breezy and in the low 60s.

3. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

14 flat mostly gravel miles. Awesome day along the Bay Trail with sunny weather, a light breeze and temps in the low 50s!

4. jbarwick

jbarwick Well-Known Member

4 miles today. May test the knee on the trails tomorrow.

1 person likes this.
  5. wingin' it

Nice weather guys. Woke up to somewhere around 6-8 inches of snow today and temps in 20's. Got out on the trails this morning to try out my new snowshoes. Pretty cool running in them. Got about 5.4 miles in snowshoes. A little tougher workout on the legs.

Pics of snow at house this morning, trail, and new shoes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. jbarwick

I got in 4.6 miles yesterday. Was able to get out on the roads but didn't want to run in the slop that would be 4 days of rain on the trails. My Salomon Ultra Lightweight rain jacket was nice.

7. Beatlegeuse

10.5 on Sunday morning. Wanted to do more but I was having some pain in my groin. Not sure what caused it, but it feels totally fine today. Looking forward to getting back out for a better run tomorrow.

8. wingin' it

9. jbarwick

4 miles this morning. I wish I would have kept track of my 2014 total miles. Maybe I will start in 2015.

10. wingin' it

7.8 miles this morning on treadmill w/ some speed work. It was negative 10 degrees outside and I didn't feel like braving the weather.

I keep a small calendar w/ my running stuff and write down my miles and/or time spent each day. Helps to track weekly mileage, but I can also go back to see what tapering worked better than others or what mileage I hit leading up to a race and see the effects and what I would change next time.

1742.7 total miles as 2014 comes to a close.

1 person likes this.
  11. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

Home for Christmas and went out yesterday in about 30F weather and almost died! Looks like I'll be on the elliptical for the rest of the break.

12. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

8.1 miles for me on a chilly afternoon...

13. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

9.25 hilly miles this morning.

14. wingin' it

Finished 2014 injury free and completed 3 - 50K's, 1 - 45 miler, 1 - 100K, Pikes Peak Marathon, and a handful of other shorter races.

Plan to scale back a bit this year but plan to run:
    1. Boston Marathon
    2. Flatrock 50k
    3. PsychoPsummer 50K or Dances w/ Dirt 50 mile (both on same weekend)
    4. 2 other 50K - 50M races. TBD.

1 person likes this.
  15. wingin' it

Warmed up to 15 degrees this morning so ran outside to ring in the New Year.

6.2 miles.

1 person likes this.
  16. jbarwick

4.5 miles on the trails. Muddy but a lot of fun!

17. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

And people were whining about mid 30s to low 40s here this morning!

18. blahspam

blahspam Well-Known Member

Back on the wagon after slacking for the last few months (could make excuses but best summed up as laziness).

Got drunk and agreed to do a moderately tough 50k in mid Feb. Pretty sure I'm going to be ill prepared but that's just how it goes sometimes.

Got in 14 mostly flat miles today which is my longest run in quite some time.

As for 2015 goals...
    Finish at least 6 ultras (with at least one being a 100k or longer).
    Crew and pace Badwater if my friend gets in.
    Complain less (about tired legs, soreness, heat, cold, etcets)

1 person likes this.
  19. Beatlegeuse

8 good miles today in great running weather - overcast, breezy, low 60s. Finished with a 8:46 per mile pace, 2nd fastest ever for me at this distance.

1 person likes this.
  20. LeeJason

LeeJason Well-Known Member

Are there any running websites that you guys would suggest checking out? I never did track in high school and never really learned the basics (?). I've just been doing what feels "natural" for me. I'm not 100% sure what my pronation is (I think I'm neutral) and I'm not sure if my running shoes (Asics Gel Kayano 17) make my form better or worse. I normally run on a [woodway] treadmill at college daily (7 miles @ 7 mph) while watching videos on my phone. When I came home for winter break I switched to running outside, and found that it was a lot harder for me. I had to go slower and take shorter runs because I got tired so much easily. I've been running outside in my neighborhood/park (2.6 miles @ ~6.3 mph/~24 mins) almost every day for the last two weeks, but my calves (left more so than my right) always limit me while running. I don't get out of breath, but my left calf starts hurting so I have to take breaks more and more often the longer I run. It doesn’t hurt when I'm not running so I'm not sure if it’s just sore, or if its because I place a lot more of my weight on my left leg. I had knee surgery in both knees, but my left knee surgery was more recent (4 years ago). I used to run at different speeds and take short walking breaks, but I’m trying to keep a steady pace throughout my run without any breaks now. Do you guys have any tips? Last 2 pages have been really inspirational for me. Thank you!