1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. quevola

quevola Well-Known Member

17 miles in 2:38

2. antirabbit

antirabbit Well-Known Member

That is a good pace that you are one. I would focus on how long can you run, then try running with someone to speed you up.
    You will ratchet down to 9:30 then 9 min miles then sub 9, soon enough.
    Do not do what I have done by focusing on distance. The length of time you can run at a consistant speed is a better indicator of your fitness and will be a better base to build on.

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Did lots of beach running this past week...
    Saturday-Thursday ~7 each day...5 on my own, and 2 with my pops at a much slower pace...SC Heat and Humidity.
    Friday, did a hard 2 miles
    Yesterday did another 7 through Richmond West, Va. Grove is a very nice area.
    Today, after a real long drive and a good streak, I'm taking a well deserved day off...

Me and my SC running partner on the beach after a run...

[​IMG]

another running partner...

[​IMG]

and watching some guys fish out a stingray early during one run...

[​IMG]

4. cocostella

cocostella Well-Known Member

That is a good pace that you are one. I would focus on how long can you run, then try running with someone to speed you up.
    Do not do what I have done by focusing on distance. The length of time you can run at a consistant speed is a better indicator of your fitness and will be a better base to build on.

Of more interest is: what's the story w/ you and Lel?

5. Lel

Lel Well-Known Member

Everything is in my signature, and I made a long detailed post in the feedback thread. That's my side, and I have saved PMs and such, but unfortunately, antirabbit has never ever said his (as you can see, he just ignores me).

6. antirabbit

I think he has a vendetta. He is following me. Apparently posts everywhere I do. I apologize.

7. Biscotti

Biscotti Well-Known Member

I think he has a vendetta. He is following me. Apparently posts everywhere I do. I apologize.

So you don't feel like a tool for selling someone women's boots?

8. antirabbit

I had no idea they were. They were old and odd, that was fully disclosed with pics and measurements.
    Sorry to crud up the thread.

9. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Well-Known Member

I had no idea they were. They were old and odd, that was fully disclosed with pics and measurements.

The only way to un-crud this running thread is that now someone must post pics running in said shoes/boots.

Lel, if you ask for the running threads support, I suggest an action pic.

10. Lel

Lel Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

These are your words exactly, in fact the very last words I ever got from you. You asked what to do to make it up. I asked for a refund. Seems fair, until you ignored me for the past several months. It's bewildering that you refuse to refund me such a small amount when you go around the B&S talking about how interested you are in in a $700 sportocat.

I can't believe how much of a gigantic ass you've been throughout this even though so many members have talked about what a wonderful seller you were. I was pretty polite and patient in every PM I sent you before hand but this is ridiculous.

When I was unsure about the measurements, you tried to reassure me by telling me your shoe size, which is of course absolute bullshit I know by now because my feet are smaller than yours and I couldn't even fit them inside.

11. username79

username79 Well-Known Member

7mi sat evening
    8mi sun evening
    8mi this morning @ 5am

Don't keep track of time though I have considered it. I run for fun, and the great shit I get to take after coffee in the morning.

For those of you with ankle and/or knee pain from bad form, I highly recommend the New Balance MR903. I went through several pairs of shoes (Gel Kayano -- killed my knees, MR992 -- killed my ankles, two Nikes, MR993 -- etc.) before finding these. They are very light and make it easy, dare I say, a pleasure to precisely plant your foot at the right angle and the right location, all while providing an excellent fit and soft cushion over long distances. I have two pairs in rotation and another in the closet in case they discontinue it. Awesome shoe minus the hideous yellow color.

12. username79

[​IMG]
    In this you say you resold them. What is the problem then?

13. antirabbit

In this you say you resold them. What is the problem then?

This kid needs to just deal with the loss.
    Detailed measurements were given. All disclosure was made.
    I also told you I wore a size 11 and could not give you an idea of fit because I do not have feet this small.
    There really is nothing more to say. You were never offered a return, nor did I offer to take them back.
    Your aggression is not going to change anything.

14. username79

This kid needs to just deal with the loss.
    Detailed measurements were given. All disclosure was made.
    I also told you I wore a size 11 and could not give you an idea of fit because I do not have feet this small.
    There really is nothing more to say. You were never offered a return, nor did I offer to take them back.
    Your aggression is not going to change anything.

He wants a refund even though he resold them and is now following you around the forum?

15. antirabbit

Yep, pretty much.
    I have ignored him due to his persistance. There is not much I can say here, except it is really annoying and I would like it to stop.

16. quevola

quevola Well-Known Member

Good advice - Thanks!

17. NewYorkIslander

I run for fun, and the great shit I get to take after coffee in the morning.

Aint that the truth...my bowels are like clockwork since I started running!

18. NewYorkIslander

9.42 miles today...very glad to be back home...and glad someone hadn't sold me women's boots for that matter as well[​IMG]

Here are a few pics of Richmond West from Saturday AM run, and then home sweet home...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. jelen

jelen Member

19.6 miles yesterday in 2:17:44

20. NewYorkIslander

19.6 miles yesterday in 2:17:44

Wow, nice pace!