1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

5 this morning at an 8:36 per mile pace, super speedy for me.

2. jbarwick

jbarwick Well-Known Member

4.6 miles on my easy day.

3. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

5 yesterday morning in Golden Gate Park.

4. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

Doing this, three times a day... Next week, I must run in France, though. Don't care about time or kilometers, I just want to run in a foreign country for the first time in my life. :)

2 people like this.
  5. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

Talk about a speed demon! Nice time...

6. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

I ran 6 miles on and around the track yesterday evening with the requisite set of 400s. Not as fast as last week, but I still managed a few in the 1:23-1:25 range.

Today, I ran 10 miles on hilly trails in the heat of they day (it was 81-83 this afternoon here).

7. wingin' it

wingin' it Well-Known Member

6.6 miles on Monday and 8.1 miles on Tuesday.

8. jbarwick

8.6 miles this morning on tired legs and a foggy head. Snooze sounded like a better idea but I pushed through.

9. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

9.8 miles this morning below an 8:30 pace. I had three 2 mile intervals below 7:30. I usually run around 4:45 a.m. but I didn't have to be to work as early today so I started about 2 hours later than normal. The temps were still in the 50s with no humidity and I was able to wake up a bit more before actually running and it seemed to make a huge difference.

1 person likes this.
  10. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

4 easy miles this morning with my friend who's in town for the SF Marathon 2nd Half. I stretched out for the last 1/4 mile. Felt light on my feet and fast. I LOVE the taper.

11. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

6.2 hilly miles in the heat of the day (temps from 93-97). Good times!

Oh, and in my new Saucony Kinvara 4 shoes.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  12. Beatlegeuse

6.1 today. Last time I did a competitive 10K I finished in just over 57 minutes. I was a tenth of a mile short on this run, but I finished in 54:18.

1 person likes this.
  13. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

Nice. Just did 10km in 55:00 on the dot which is what I was aiming for... Except the race is still 3 weeks out. :) I think with some more training, race day jitters and busting my ass on the day of, I could make 53 and change.

14. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

Or you could surprise yourself... Race day is always high adrenaline. Watch you pace for the first half -make sure you don't go out too fast and burn out. With 10k races, I used to always end up going 5-8 minutes faster than my training runs. You mileage may vary, of course! Good luck! My next "race" is four weeks and a day out!

15. jbarwick

17.8 miles on the trails today. My Garmin said I got in 3900ft of elevation gain but I don't believe that. From what I can find online...calling it 3100' works better but I will say my legs were pretty tired after. May make next week an easier week to rest the legs.

1 person likes this.
  16. wingin' it

wingin' it Well-Known Member

5.1 miles on Friday and 23.5 miles on trails and roads today.

1 person likes this.
  17. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

Only about 8 miles In the past week total, as I've been vacationing in Brittany France. Interestingly I feel I am losing weight even though my mileage is down about 50-80%. I imagine it's the small portions and stronger tasting food (ie I don't consume as much).

(I have two toddlers so am active no matter what.)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  18. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

16.5 miles yesterday and hit my 1,000 mile mark for the year. I'm a bit behind where I want to be on my quest for 2,014 miles for 2014 but am still ahead of last year at this point.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. jbarwick

Got in 11 miles yesterday which was probably a bad idea due to the heat. I consumed close to a gallon of water over that stretch. Also in the past week I have dipped 6 lbs which must be a lot of water weight. I switched from x3 sodium Bloks to some with a little caffeine so I think I need to add more electrolyte replenishment. I have some Hammer Endurlytes I need to use up.

20. Beatlegeuse

10 miserable miles yesterday, I crapped out around 8 and did a walk/run or the final 2. It got way too humid and sunny and I started to feel dizzy, so I had to take it easy towards the end. I'm taking a week off to give my legs some rest, and then in August I'll start training for my half marathon in January.