1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. wingin' it

wingin' it Well-Known Member

26.2-ish trail miles today. Good run, feel pretty good, and have another big run tomorrow. Took a few pics of my playground today.
    Mostly single track and bridal trails. Rocky, rooty, and reasonably technical.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    2 people like this.
  2. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

I took today off after running about 8 - 10 miles daily over the past two weeks in SW Florida. Now I'm back to Michigan and even though it was about 30 degrees this morning, which is much warmer than it was when I left, I sorely miss those 60 degree a.m. runs I was spoiled with.

In other news, I won the lottery! The Marine Corps Marathon lottery that is and will be running that for the 2nd year in a row come October. It will be about 6 weeks after I run the chAir Force Marathon. I figure the Air Force one is down hill the entire route and you get to do it on a Segway so my main effort will be saved for the MCM.

Next year I'm going to try for the Army Marathon in March, Air Force in September, and Marine Corps in November.

Semper Fi!

1 person likes this.
  3. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

7.29 miles. Felt really good.

4. jbarwick

jbarwick Well-Known Member

Looks like a nice run Wingin it! The rain kept me off the trails and into the gym.

MP...congrats to you! Sounds like the trio is in order for 2015.'

I got in 4 miles with some mixed in exercises every .5 miles. Our work gym is empty on the weeks so I can lay stuff out to get some other work in with my running.

5. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

Ran 8 flat miles this morning. Getting my mojo back finally!

2 people like this.
  6. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Well-Known Member

Ran 5.88KM this morning with a 7min 30 second per KM pace, first run in about four months courtesy the never ending cold of December 2013-January 2014. Gotta start somewhere.

7. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

My second 7.5 km. Much harder than my first one last week; a bit faster, though

[​IMG]

8. wingin' it

17 mile trail run this morning. After running 26 yesterday, I was really surprised how good I felt today. Ran a faster pace, felt strong, and could have gone another 10.
    This marks my biggest mileage week ever at just over 70 miles. 3 weeks to go until the 100K race.

Ran in North Face Single track Hayasa II's today. A really nice shoe to hit the trails if you need a wider forefoot and good technical trail shoe. Impressive fit.

1 person likes this.
  9. omgitiszmd

omgitiszmd Active Member

I ran 2 miles this morning, I usually just run 15-20 minutes every morning so around 2.5-3 miles.

1 person likes this.
  10. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

3.1. First run in two weeks. This groin strain is bringing me down.

Also, didn't get in for NYC. Did anyone win a spot?

11. sugarbutch

wingin' it, do you start tapering now, or will you have a longer run between now and then? It seems like a huge jump from 26 to 62 miles.

12. BillP

BillP Well-Known Member

7.6 miles with incredible winds. Felt like running in place when I ran into the wind but wonderful with the wind at my back.

winin'it - where is your 100K?

13. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

6.5 miles this morning. In honor of opening day, I made sure to run past Miguel Cabrera's house this morning. Maybe I was hoping he'd be outside early today handing out hundred dollar bills from his nearly $300 million contract.

2 people like this.
  14. jbarwick

jbarwick Well-Known Member

Got in a good run yesterday evening after a lot of yard work. Found my new neighborhood loop with a doozy of a hill towards the end. Most of the 4.5 mile loop is just rollers and this one gets steep. Should be fun on tired legs....

15. wingin' it

If that was just the jump, you are right. I did a 50K in Feb, turned out w/ bad conditions it was 6.5 hours that was about equal to 35 miles of effort on that course. There are quite a few training plans for 50M or 100K's. With back to back long runs and long weekly mileage, the legs and body get the needed stress. If I were training for a 100M, I'd be running a 50M or even 35-40 followed up w/ another shorter run the next day around 8 weeks out from the race. The balance of too many miles vs wear and tear on the body to recover is what I pay to keep on the McMillian plan. Ian Torrence has given me a plan last year for 6 month of training and then right back on this one, so he's done a good job.

Free State 100K at Clinton Lake (Lawrence, Kansas)

2 people like this.
  16. blahspam

blahspam Well-Known Member

Did about 10.5 miles today. Bit longer than my typical Monday but was feeling pretty lousy about having to cut my long run short on Saturday due to ... Stomach issues.

17. blahspam

blahspam Well-Known Member

Did another 10.5 today (same route). Legs were a little uncooperative for the first couple miles but settled in behind a speedy young lady for the last few miles and finished strong (though not quite strong enough to keep pace with her for the last 500 meters where she thought to remind me that I was both old and slow).

1 person likes this.
  18. sugarbutch

1 mile this morning with my young sons. They're doing a 5k soon, so we're getting them started.

19. wingin' it

4.4 miles tonite w/ core work.

20. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

That's great. I'd love to walk with my daughter some time in the future. How old are they and when (and how) did they start?