1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. wingin' it

wingin' it Well-Known Member

7.1 miles with hill repeats.

2. CodyNC

CodyNC Well-Known Member

Damn man you are a machine.

I ran 3.5 miles before doing abs and back at the gym. Honestly hated running my entire life, which is weird bc I've played nothing but soccer and tennis since I was 3 at pretty much every level, but lately got into a groove of trying to get at least 3 miles every other day with mixed in weights.

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  3. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

8 miles (6 @ tempo (8:00/mile) pace). Good times... Hoping for sub-8:00 pace for my next half marathon...

4. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

9.3 miles this morning with 6 miles in the middle of it (minus a 3 minute slow rest) at an 8 minute pace.

5. wingin' it

wingin' it Well-Known Member

5.4 Wed and 10.5 Thurs.

6. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

5.2 on another super hot and sunny day. It's almost too much for me, I really need to start running early in the mornings before the sun gets too hot.

7. Michigan Planner

I got in 16.2 miles this morning. I was going for a nice, relaxing 9 minute pace but with around 3 miles left on my route, I came across a group of girls out running and I decided to push my pace up to about 8 minutes 20 seconds for the remainder to keep up with them. I didn't want to get shown up!

1 person likes this.
  8. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

13.1 miles along the Bay Trail. Good times!

9. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

5 miles in beautiful hot Savannah.

10. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Well-Known Member

6 miles for me this morning - lovely sunny day here!

11. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Well-Known Member

For the first time since January 13, I took a chance and tried a run. Slowly, carefully, I did 3 miles. Months of physical therapy, x-rays, MRIs, and an arthrogram revealed that I have no broken bones or stress fractures. But, one leg is longer than the other--enough so that my right hip is affected. Also, there is arthritis in the right hip. Visiting an orthotics center--the guy fits players from the Detroit Tigers and Pistons--I received "bespoke" :happy: orthotics and a heel lift for my shorter leg. Immediately, I noticed and felt the difference. Most of the terrible pain in my hip and leg are gone. I am working with a new physical therapist who is very thorough and smart. (He also teaches at a local university.) My hip movement is very tight, but it is getting better--enough--that walking long distances and, now, running is possible. A lifetime of imbalance has caused a lot of damage. Little by little, I can work toward correction and adaption. I am happy as a lark. Not being able to run for so long has been very depressing.

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  12. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

13. Michigan Planner

CP - I'm glad to hear you were able to get back out there. If you are ever running down in this neck of the woods let me know. There are some nice quiet neighborhoods to run through with plenty of trails and dirt roads which might be better on the legs.

I ran in a 10k this morning. I really just wanted to go out and press myself as much as I could at the start and did the first three miles each under a 7 minute mile pace. I didn't PR for my finish but I believe that the 3 miles at under 7 minutes is my best for that distance since I was in the Marine Corps more than a decade ago. I have a competitive 10 miler (not that I will be competing to win, I just like to have the other runners around me) in a couple of weeks and my goal is a comfortable pace of just under 8 minutes for the first 6 miles and then to see if I can get the final 4 miles back close to that 7 minute pace.

2 people like this.
  14. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Well-Known Member

Ran the nycruns ice cream social 10K yesterday at Roosevelt Island. Managed a 1st place in 36:39 - not blazing fast but it was the first time I was ever in a lead pack, so I wasn't really sure what to do. great job by them throwing a nice grass-roots style race, an enjoyable compliment to the NYRR events.

15. sugarbutch

Nice!

My son always asks me if I'm going to win the race. I doubt I'll ever get to say, "Yes."

16. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

4 miles in Charleston, SC after arriving here yesterday afternoon. Another gorgeous place to visit.

17. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Well-Known Member

Yesterday, 2 miles; today, 2 miles. Gotta be more patient.

18. Michigan Planner

9.7 miles this morning putting me at 502 miles for the year so far - halfway to my goal of 1,000 for 2013.

2 people like this.
  19. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Well-Known Member

Good goal - I did 750 last year marathon training, 1000 would have been much more satisfying!

3 and 3 for me earlier this week - doing some faster work (for me)

20. sugarbutch

I'm also shooting for 1000 this year. Behind schedule right now, but marathon training should take care of that.