1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. samblackbones

samblackbones Well-Known Member

Quevola - Will do

Ran 3 or 4 yesterday around Boston. Forecast is calling to mid-high 80s . . . Not going to be a fast day.
    That being said I will be taking it fairly easy for the first half, and trying to run the last 10k hard.
    240 is out of the picture, I'm thinking closer to 245 if everything goes perfectly, and probably closer to 3 hours if I decide not to crush my legs.
    I am going to try my best to enjoy my Boston experience, and go for a time another year.

1 person likes this.
  2. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

4 miles followed by a workout at the gym.

3. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

4. ribkin

ribkin Well-Known Member

5. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

I did a 7.75 mile temp run yesterday. My focus was on pacing (basically trying to figure out my half marathon pace, not that I'm doing any races that short this year): I started off at a 7:56 mile pace and increased the pace steadily, I actually managed to negative split each mile. At 7 miles, I was at a 7:38 pace. After that I cruised until I hit the one hour mark. Tomorrow will be my long run. Yay!

6. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

2.7. Holly molly running on a real road is so much harder than on treadmills! :wow:

I was so depressed I went back to the gym and ran another 2 miles on treadmill :violin:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

But running outside is so much more fun, especially if in good weather. :confused:

8. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

4 miles this morning. Very warm (temp near 80) and beautiful here today.

9. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Well-Known Member

5 1/2 miles today in sun, wind, snow and hail. Spring is in full swing here!

10. ribkin

ribkin Well-Known Member

11. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

I had a great "long run" today, but had to cut it way short... I forgot my Saucony Type A4's at home and had to run in my Trail Gloves. Those don't have enough padding for me on the longer runs (I do love them for trails). I cut my run down to 15 at a decent pace (at 13.1, I was only 6 minutes off my PR). 15 total...

12. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

ran the stairs and the track at the local school today... only about 3 miles and whatever I did on the stairs, but it was warm, I got a good sweat and my weird tendon pain was gone (for now) so a good run overall!

13. Spatlese

Spatlese Well-Known Member

Sambb, hope you have a good and safe Boston.

I've backed off from a half in three weeks. Excuses, excuses, but just haven't maintained a groove since my last 20K run -- food poisoning and a couple of colds popped up. So I'm shifting my goals, and instead will aim to get my 10K time down to mid-40 mins by fall and save these impressive but ridiculous distances for you fellas :D

No idea if I can get there, but that's part of the challenge.

14. CrooksAiden111

CrooksAiden111 Member

Its my habit to run 5 miles daily in morning.It keeps me fit and slim.Specially id you are aged then the morning walk and running is good for you to keep your self active.People are gradually leaving this habit but to get up early and go for a walk and running always keeps you energetic.Just look the life style of a army personnel.He does not leave the morning walk and running even after the retirement.
    T Shirts with Sayings

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  15. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Well-Known Member

To all those running in Boston today, good luck and be careful--the heat advisory.

This morning, 4 miles. Had to turn around sooner than planned due to lightning. On the way home--it was before sunrise--I encountered a mama skunk and her brood. QUICK DETOUR!

16. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

I'll echo ClarinetPlayer's sentiments and say good luck to those out in Boston today. I have a couple acquaintances from my gym who went out there for it and it will be interesting to hear their stories when they report back. They always seem to have a great time.

It was about 65º at 5:00 a.m. today so I was able to get in about 7 miles before work. Unfortunately, the rest of the mornings this week are looking to be much much cooler.

17. redpawn

redpawn Member

2 miles today. Pretty low compared to what everyone else is doing on here...

Just getting back in the swing of daily runs. Trying to work up to at least a comfortable 3 miles every day.

18. samblackbones

samblackbones Well-Known Member

Boston in . . . 3:24

Very very tough day. Massive positive splits. Took a spill at mile 24 when both of my legs completely seized up. Tumbled and the couldn't move my legs. Luckily to spectators came and stretched me out for a couple minutes before helping me to my feet. I had no choice but to walk from there, but I walked at many points. It was an awesome experience and I am not disappointed despite the slow time, because it was really really really really hot out there. Tried to see poster dr. Nero at start but missed the connection.

Hope all had goods weeks!

1 person likes this.
  19. closetmess

closetmess Well-Known Member

Congrats, well done! I saw a wheelchair racer set a new world record at the Boston today, which is pretty cool.

20. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Congrats, Sam! Glad you made it to the finish. Any pics?