• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you RIDE today?

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
24 miles again. Building a road bike, hoping to do like 36-42 miles with that.

GreenNYC

Reaction score
Just getting into cycling. Rode ~38 mi. @ 17.7 mph. Pretty flat course. I'm finding it's great exercise and easy on the knees. Also realizing it's much better to ride with friends than alone. Since I started about three months ago I've had 5 flats...two were at the same time courtesy of a pothole that I saw too late.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"How Many Miles Did You RIDE Today?"

About 6km.

mauser

Reaction score
Did about 60 miles (100 kilometers) both today and yesterday, rehearsing for next Sunday's tour de Helsinki (87 miles). Started to rain about 20 minutes after getting back home. :)

Folkert

Reaction score
I ride 12.5 miles everyday to school. try to do 30 mile rides in the evening about 3 times a week.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zero miles today. But I recently moved to an apartment that is about 50 yards from the katy trail in Missouri, which is a 200 mile long trail. I can't wait to get a bike and start riding a few times a week. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute to this thread soon.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sunday actually rode about 10 miles yesterday on the W&OD trail in Va. It was a nice short ride in perfect weather. What was particularly nice was that there is a horse/nature trail with lots of variety running alongside it, so I got to take my cx bike off-road for the first time. Felt especially good after watching the Charm City Cross in Baltimore on Sat. Great fun.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20 metres, 1km/h, off road.

Last edited:

Luddite

Reaction score
Approximately 110km (65 miles?) - forgot to reset my computer at the start of the ride and didn't bother to map a long section where I doubled back. Some (fast) older guy was on my wheel, so I thought my riding buddies were keeping pace because I could see and hear a bike behind me. They weren't...rode back a few km to find that one had stopped after knocking the sensor for his computer so that it banged the other sensor on the spoke once every rotation.

Same guy also flatted and had to stop to tighten his stem after his bars began to slip. Quick guy and a good mate, but still working out teething issues on a new bike.

Maximum speed this morning: 74km/h.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
13 off road miles in two hours. Only ate a yoghurt before I left :facepalm:

KurtS90

Reaction score
9.49 Miles 1 hour and 2 mins according to GPS. I just started riding again and am out of shape, 5'11 and 233 pounds. I ride around town, FYI.

~Kurt

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads