1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you RIDE today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Pilot, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

2. mr monty

mr monty Well-Known Member

3. zatarregaza

zatarregaza Well-Known Member

Since all there was on TV on Sat was college football, I decided to go for a nice, long ride - 52 miles.

4. velobran

velobran Well-Known Member

Got about 80 miles in over the weekend. Finally the weather is turning for the better.

5. saxamaphone

saxamaphone Active Member

Anybody else prefer riding in the evenings to the early morning? I certainly do, but seem to be in the minority on this one...

The transition off of daylight savings time has been killing me. Had to cut a ride in half the other night because I didn't account for the earlier sunset.

Oh, and just the round trip work commute (10 miles) for me today.

6. Kark

Kark Active Member

~70km yesterday in -5ish degrees with moderate wind. At least it was daylight which is getting pretty scare around here. Jens factor mostly 3 with a bit of 4 at the higher exposed points.

7. Hoodyy

Hoodyy Active Member

I only do like 5 miles or so a day.. probably about 30ish a week =/

Perhaps I better ride more, although my bike is extremely rubbish. What bikes would you guys reccomend that don't break the budget? (Ideally i'd only like to spend £200 / $300)

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I only do like 5 miles or so a day.. probably about 30ish a week =/

Perhaps I better ride more, although my bike is extremely rubbish. What bikes would you guys reccomend that don't break the budget? (Ideally i'd only like to spend £200 / $300)

Keep riding the bike you have or find an older steel framed road bike from the 80's or 90's that no one wants anymore. Steel is a good thing

9. Kark

Kark Active Member

Keep riding the bike you have or find an older steel framed road bike from the 80's or 90's that no one wants anymore. Steel is a good thing

+1 with variant.

If you're current ride feels like crap and gets up your nose with noise and rubbing this n that, nothing works properly etc. it may be worth moving on.

But for 200 pound you're limited to used. ..which is actually a good thing. bikes don't hold value so a lightly used commuter from a few years ago should be available in you're price range.

Hard to offer more info without knowing your current bike and needs/wants.

10. deloneblack

deloneblack New Member

This is my first season and having only one horse three months I have logged about 4500 miles. No long trips, but I'm out and driving whenever I can. Some of you ride bikes more than a couple of months I will run throughout the year. I am also glad everyone is doing it all safely.

11. caps

caps Member

Set out to do my normal 26 loop, but by the thid mile I couldn't feel my fingers and decided to turn back. Anyboldy have gloves to recommend?

12. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Set out to do my normal 26 loop, but by the thid mile I couldn't feel my fingers and decided to turn back. Anyboldy have gloves to recommend?

the Craft lobster mitts (or the pearl izumi ones)

13. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Subbing for the spring/summer/fall, currently too cold for my African blood

14. otc

otc Well-Known Member

I picked up a set of rollers a little over a week ago--it will be nice to get some indoor training but mostly I am looking forward to what the rollers will do for my balance/handling skills and my pedal stroke.

Unfortunately...this weekend I decided to strip down and overhaul my road bike. I figured since it is going to be living indoors, I should clean and wax the frame and repack all of the bearings now (since they won't get gritty until it goes outside again). The only problem is that I discovered I am short a few tools (damned shimano hubs that require 2 different cone wrenches at once) and that some ball bearings really should be replaced...that's what I get for neglecting this bike.

I suppose I could put my cross bike on the rollers but it might be a bit bumpy [​IMG]

15. velobran

velobran Well-Known Member

35 miles today
    50 degrees with 91% humidity feels pretty damn cold.

16. zcaad9

zcaad9 Member

man, didnt know there was a cycling thread on here, though it makes sense. I need to buy a trainer to ride inside, i havent been out in weeks thanks to this ohio weather

17. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Well-Known Member

Lulz. Incoherent spamming accounts.

18. zcaad9

zcaad9 Member

lol how was that spam?

19. zatarregaza

zatarregaza Well-Known Member

Zcaad9, there was post after yours that was obviously spam. I reported it and I'm sure others did as well. I think it was something about an Asian matchfinder service or something like that.

Glad to see it was promptly removed. It seems like there are more and more spam posts showing up on these boards.

20. zcaad9

zcaad9 Member

ah ok, thought you meant me. and yes even though I have been on this forum a couple of weeks Ive noticed a fair amount of spam, more than any other forums im in