1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How many meters did you swim today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by CDFS, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Althis

Althis Well-Known Member

Starting to get back into shape, did ~2k yards today in sets of 100's, also hit the weight room. I want to start playing waterpolo again here at college so it's about time. I swam a bunch during the summer but have been slacking off for the past month.

2. gamelan

gamelan Well-Known Member

2 - 550m loops around the qualifying course for the 1.2 mile DSC in Manhattan Beach this morning. i was absolutely schooled. real open water swimming is nothing like the protected open water swims i've been doing all summer. through the swells, all i could think of was "where the fuck is that buoy?!?!?!!?"

-Jeff

3. Althis

Althis Well-Known Member

i was doing my swim sets today and saw some guys putting in a waterpolo goal. i walked on over and asked if i could join them and it turns out they were on the division 1 waterpolo team here at UCSD. it was freaking intense playing with them. I only made like 2 goals when we were just shooting on the goalie out of maybe 20 attempts

4. CDFS

CDFS Well-Known Member

Yesterday, 1.5km.

5. danilo

danilo Well-Known Member

I used to live in Florida and surfed in the daytona/new smyrna area pretty often, now I live in Atlanta and I'm considering looking for a pool that has swim coaching, I'm sure I could learn alot. Don't know if I want to get up early in the AM though [​IMG]

6. Althis

Althis Well-Known Member

just finished my first practice with the club waterpolo team at UCSD. i was hangin in there and keeping up. i'm pretty happy right now

7. saban

saban Member

I don't know about swimming, and i don't like to swim also that's why i run and walk everyday 3 or 4mile
    that good for me, i walk average 4mile everyday in early morning. that's better then swim for me.

8. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Well-Known Member

i was doing my swim sets today and saw some guys putting in a waterpolo goal. i walked on over and asked if i could join them and it turns out they were on the division 1 waterpolo team here at UCSD. it was freaking intense playing with them. I only made like 2 goals when we were just shooting on the goalie out of maybe 20 attempts

I went to UCSD class of 09' and most of those guys were like swimming linebackers. That team isn't average, they are usually top 5 nationally. Were you at Rimac or main?

9. Althis

Althis Well-Known Member

I'm in Warren College so I go to the Canyon View center to work out. I've only gone to Rimac a couple times but I don't really like it there.

10. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Well-Known Member

I'm in Warren College so I go to the Canyon View center to work out. I've only gone to Rimac a couple times but I don't really like it there.

Of course. I was 6th. How could I forget Canyon View, nice pool.

11. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

12. streetminimal

streetminimal Well-Known Member

I have issues trying to do the roll when I get to the end of the pool.

13. Althis

Althis Well-Known Member

flipturns? it's basically a somersault and then you kick off and streamline and maybe throw in some dolphin kicks

when i first learned i kept flipping sideways instead of straight so it takes some practice

btw, did another 2k today and practiced my backhand and skip shots

14. Mblova

Mblova Well-Known Member

Any good articles/videos out there to breakdown the finer points of the basic strokes. It's been a few years since I've seen the pool and would like to get back into it.

15. Althis

Althis Well-Known Member

^ try just looking around youtube for tutorials

did 1500 today, lazy sunday

16. VaderDave

VaderDave Well-Known Member

I just rejoined our local gym almost entirely for the purpose of using their lap pool (although I'll use the other stuff as well to get a well-rounded workout). I haven't done much swimming lately and miss it.

17. fungz0r

fungz0r Well-Known Member

Attempted 1500 without goggles and failed miserably, ended up just doing a random number of flipboard kicking

18. VaderDave

VaderDave Well-Known Member

Just getting back into swimming. I swam 350 meters tonight. The pool is much longer than I remember. But I feel good and am looking forward to going back tomorrow or the next day. If I don't swim tomorrow I will probably go for a run.

19. gamelan

gamelan Well-Known Member

double day today. 6.5 mile run at noon. standard swim workout after work. 250 breast, 250 free, 500 free with the evil strokemasters (red), 250 breast, 25 minutes of free.

missing the open water already though...

-Jeff

20. Althis

Althis Well-Known Member

brutal waterpolo practice tonight, 3 hours of pain.

warm up was 4 100 reverse IM's with 5 seconds rest inbetween. 50m sprint relays, one guy swims and everyone else is shoulders out until their turn

leg workout was a relay. one person would hold half a 5 gallon jug of water over their head and eggbeater across the pool and back while everyone else had to have shoulders out the whole time.

then it got better and we were practicing shooting drills and then we scrimmaged and did some sprints