1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How many foreign countries have you visited?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by onix, Jan 12, 2011.

1. onix

onix Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, how many foreign countries have you visited. And by "visit", I meant you have spent at least several days wander around, and actually experience the place. So it doesn't count if: - you're there for business trips/conferences/works and you spend 90% of your time doing something work related - transit, or half of a day outside in the city while waiting for your fight, etc., - cruising by (on some lame cruise ship, stop there only for the beach for example), etc. I thought I have visited a lot, but excluding the above, it's a lot less. EDIT: Read this if you're about to complain about these criteria

2. musicguy

musicguy Well-Known Member

Only 5 when you put it that way! Still not half bad since they were all on different cotinents!

3. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Well-Known Member

1. Philippines
    2. Hong Kong (back in the day)
    3. Italy
    4. Spain
    5. France
    6. Israel
    7. Mexico
    7.5. One day in Tunisia

4. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

I was fortunate enough to travel quite a bit when I was younger. England, Wales, France, Holland, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Belgium, and Canada. Strangely enough, Italy is not on that list, but soon, it will be.

I count Luxembourg abd Liechtenstein even though I wasn't there for days, as I did stay in the region for a few days, and spent considerable time in the two capitals.

5. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, how many foreign countries have you visited. And by "visit", I meant you have spent at least several days wander around, and actually experience the place. So it doesn't count if:
    - you're there for business trips/conferences/works and you spend 90% of your time doing something work related
    - transit, or half of a day outside in the city while waiting for your fight, etc.,
    - cruising by (on some lame cruise ship, stop there only for the beach for example), etc.

I thought I have visited a lot, but excluding the above, it's a lot less.

Frankly, those are stupid criteria.

Still, at least 25ish on last count.

6. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

yeah, those aren't very logical criteria - I put down more than 50. but if you say "what countries have you only visited for vacation" that would probably go down to 12-15. many countries I get to for work and have almost no time, but I might have been there 20 times - so if each time I spend 4 hours walking around and having dinner, then that is like being their for 4 days.

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

22 IIRC using the silly criteria.

8. edinatlanta

yeah, those aren't very logical criteria - I put down more than 50. but if you say "what countries have you only visited for vacation" that would probably go down to 12-15. many countries I get to for work and have almost no time, but I might have been there 20 times - so if each time I spend 4 hours walking around and having dinner, then that is like being their for 4 days.

Also, if you spend a week at an eclosed resort in Jamaica, somehow you'll have "actually visited" the place in a more genuine way than someone who would have spent a week working in Kingston 90% of the time. OK/

9. edinatlanta

I can think of several places cruises stop where you can see everything in a day.

10. Kappelan

Kappelan Well-Known Member

1. Russia
    2. Belarus
    3. Poland
    4. Germany
    5. France
    6. Belgium
    7. Netherlands
    8. USA
    9. South Korea
    10. Latvia

11. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

I can think of several places cruises stop where you can see everything in a day.
    Yes, like St. Maarten. (although I was there for 2 weeks... [​IMG] + [​IMG] + [​IMG] )

12. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Well-Known Member

at about 28 last i counted. of course i grew up/lived overseas most my life so that number would be pretty average for the experience.

13. tropics

tropics Well-Known Member

29 but i'm a euro fag

14. Jarandas

Jarandas Well-Known Member

Is this thread for Americans only?

15. AE7

AE7 Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, how many foreign countries have you visited. And by "visit", I meant you have spent at least several days wander around, and actually experience the place. So it doesn't count if: - you're there for business trips/conferences/works and you spend 90% of your time doing something work related - transit, or half of a day outside in the city while waiting for your fight, etc., - cruising by (on some lame cruise ship, stop there only for the beach for example), etc. I thought I have visited a lot, but excluding the above, it's a lot less.
    Paging Jean-Claude Van Damme!!! around 10 justified by the criteria, but if you are coming from my place its quite a bit.

16. Biggskip

Biggskip Well-Known Member

Does Canada count? If so, 7 otherwise 6.

Canada
    England
    Netherlands
    Jamaica
    Mexico
    Ecuador
    Italy

17. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

U.S.
    Canada
    Nigeria
    Dubai
    France
    Switzerland

18. aj_del

aj_del Well-Known Member

around 35 but voted for 21-25 to satisfy OP's criterion

19. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

let me think...
    Canada
    Mexico
    South Korea
    China
    Thailand
    Macau
    Hong Kong
    UK

20. Douglas

Douglas Well-Known Member

Probably around 20. Agree that the criteria are stupid.