1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How easy to let out suit jacket? (And rec for a NYC tailor on Sundays)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lowndes, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Lowndes

Lowndes Well-Known Member

Just curious how complicated letting out a fully canvassed suit jacket a couple of inches would be? Have 4 jackets that I would like to have let out about 2" (if there is enough fabric for that)? Thanks

2. SpallaCamiccia

SpallaCamiccia Well-Known Member

Just curious how complicated letting out a fully canvassed suit jacket a couple of inches would be? Have 4 jackets that I would like to have let out about 2" (if there is enough fabric for that)? Thanks
    You can see just the contrary here, look for my pics of before and now http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=196763

3. dragon8

dragon8 Well-Known Member

Have the tailor open up the lining to see if there are any extra material.

4. a tailor

a tailor Well-Known Member

easy? yes, providing there is cloth inside.

5. Tweedy

Tweedy Well-Known Member

I agree, if the cloth is there then it can be done relatively easily [​IMG]

6. Lowndes

Thanks for the replies, I did find out there is cloth inside so now just need to make it to a tailor to have done. Anybody know of a decent NYC tailor open on Sundays?

7. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Well-Known Member

letting out a jacket is easy. there are numerous dominican tailors in the lower east side that will be open today. between houston and delancy. which one is good? sorry I can't help but I know they will be open.

8. Lowndes

letting out a jacket is easy. there are numerous dominican tailors in the lower east side that will be open today. between houston and delancy. which one is good? sorry I can't help but I know they will be open.

Thanks, never been to that area and have been meaning to explore so will take a visit down there. I did do a google search and the only place that came up was Victor & Tailors in Nolita. Every heard of them?

9. bjornb17

bjornb17 Well-Known Member

Don't forget to add pleats while you're at it.

10. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Well-Known Member

the tailors I am referring to on either orchard or rivington. not sure if these guys even advertise.
    or would even show up in a google search

11. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Well-Known Member

Pablo at Stanton Tailors will take good care of you and they might be open on Sundays. Their number is (212) 353-9753. H'es let out and taken in numerous jackets for me over the years. Not too expensive although he can be very busy so turnaround time is variable.