1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How does this blazer look?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Cyber0066, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Quirk

Quirk Well-Known Member

Black would look marginally better, but something about cut of the jacket just screams suit jacket; someone more knowledgeable than I can explain exactly what.

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

For a jacket of that color, the length makes it look like a suit jacket to me. If the jacket were cut a couple inches shorter (right now is a good suit jacket length) and the lapels/button stance slightly more askew (perhaps a thinner lapel or a peak lapel, pockets a tad higher, etc) would work better as an sportjacket. all of the jacket's proportions and details say "I am part of a suit"

3. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Well-Known Member

For a jacket of that color, the length makes it look like a suit jacket to me. If the jacket were cut a couple inches shorter (right now is a good suit jacket length) and the lapels/button stance slightly more askew (perhaps a thinner lapel or a peak lapel, pockets a tad higher, etc) would work better as an sportjacket. all of the jacket's proportions and details say "I am part of a suit"
    The sultan of fit is right, as always. I think the sleeves are a tad long, but at the initial price, I wouldn't bother shortening them. Doesn't H&M have a policy of selling jackets and trousers as separates? If so, I'd run like the diarrheous wind and buy the trousers as well. You'll get a useable jacket, useable separate trousers and a well-enough-fitting expendable suit. And the jacket is begging for a crisp white shirt.

4. PreppyBoy

PreppyBoy Well-Known Member

It's more of a "Suit Cut" and less of a "Blazer Cut"

Blazers are not so tapered at the sides (Above the torso). If you are aiming for the sporty look to wear with jeans, try a different cut.

5. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Besides fit and look, no one has mentioned quality: couldn't he find something in wool or at least cotton for that kind of money? I think part of the reason it looks wrong with jeans is the slick poly.