1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How do you explore new hairstyles?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kneehowguys, Jul 6, 2012.

1. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Member

In college now

Mom's not cutting my hair anymore.

I go to the nearest barber at my college's student center. I know nothing about hairstyles or what to tell the barber.

19 years of straight bowl cuts. Now it is time for a change.

1. Where do I start?

2. What are your ideas based on what you see?

3. Who would be good to ask for advice on hair?

I guess a good place to start would be to compliment handsome Asian men on their hair, get into a conversation, and learn a bit more that way.

Me out of bed:

[​IMG]

What I'm thinking so far:

- I want hair in front of my forehead. Gotta cherish that still.
    - looking for something less stereotypical and edgier than a bowlcut but still work safe and professional
    - I am not good at identifying face shapes. Am I square? round?
    - I look at advice for people with round faces and read about using facial hair to make their face look slimmer. I conclude that most advice on facial hair is pretty useless to me as an oriental because I simply will never grow that kind of dense facial hair around the cheeks or jaw