1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How do i save up for bespoke clothing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by doughboysc, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I'm probably more familiar with the behavorial traits of autistic individuals than most of you, and find Spencer's admittedly random and repetitive posts consistent with autism. Autistic individuals simply can't properly adapt their communications to their milieu-rigidity and lack of empathy are very common and obviously prove irritating to others. Although it's tempting to play detective (to make the "problem" go away because it's a fake), it's probably more appropriate to either adhere to the genteel code of conduct that Huntsman wisely espouses or, if you don't want to handle the interaction, not to reply at all.

2. FIHTies

FIHTies Well-Known Member

And lets not forget that he first started posting that "eerie photo" when prompted to do so, being told that "we couldnt help him unless we saw what he looked like". Once you start that with an autistic individual its not that easy to stop.

I am with Huntsman and stylestudent. You dont like him as with authentic trolls, just ignore.

JJF

3. getwhatyoudeserve

getwhatyoudeserve New Member

aybojs:

I apologize for the lecture and the melodrama. I don't humor myself that my "threat" to leave would change anyone's conduct. My larger concern that how forum members treat people they disagree with or treat people that some members, for whatever reason, choose not to like, has an influence on whether or not others will want to participate in a forum, remains in effect. It is a sad day when criticism of boorish behavior and a plea for respect is discounted because someone hasn't posted enough to a forum to be taken seriously, especially in a forum that occasionally expresses concern over the decline in manners and respect.

4. Steve B.

Steve B. Well-Known Member

I'm going to lock this thread. J and I will come up with a policy for Spencer, but he has violated no rules...So why ban him?

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

Whilst I can understand Mike C.'s frustration and cannot negate his positive involvement on the forum, there are better ways of dealing with problems than blatant insults. Point / counterpoint is the best way to explain ones thoughts without lowering the level of oneself to the lowest possible denominator.

Regarding posts that infuriate you, there are two other viable options to consider: ignore the post or PM Steve B and / or J and let them know about the post.

Jon.

6. Mike C.

Mike C. Well-Known Member

Ok, so I was a bit harsh. However my initial gripe was that some other new posters on here have gotten a hard time when they didn't deserve it (@riss, and the guy on the "shoe color with navy suit thread"), and this Spencer Karter guy hasn't gotten any flack even though his posts are ridiculous.

Just because his posts do come from SC dosn't mean he's real. I'm sure Kalra's posts came from London as well. And that picture in EVERY thread he posts... come on.

He reminds me of Josh on MM forum, except Josh was funny, this guy is annoying. Aybojs also brought up valid points. I throughly back everything he says in this thread.

PS. I didn't intend to insult anyone. I've NEVER gotten into a flamewar on this board and don't intend to do so in the future. So let's end it here. It's up to J and Steve to decide from here on in.

7. @riss

@riss Well-Known Member

thanks for the recognition, mike c. i thought this thread was locked so i ended up starting a different one instead of first trying to respond here. anyway, i personally agree that spencer karter has got to be a fake and it would make everybody look kind of foolish to seriously give him advice on how to save for a suit, lol. i was just reading the helmut lang/ tom ford thread and it was hilarious when one member complemented the "designer", telling him one of his favorite suits was a 2-button lang he picked up at marshal's or some such place. it is asking alot to tell somebody to suspend judgment and respond to such posts earnestly.

8. STYLESTUDENT

I have a real problem with poking fun at a member who has told you that he has a disability.

9. tdial

tdial Well-Known Member

I was going to avoid this thread at all costs, though before I did, I just did a simple google search on Spencer. Turns out, he posts on a lot (and I mean A LOT) of message boards. He's a big fan of the television program "Dark Shadows." Matter of fact, he's a big fan of a lot of older tv shows. He gets a lot of enjoyment out of bulletin boards (as do we all) and has a very unique posting style. The guy has a good memory for detail, as evidence by his posts on other boards. His birthday, apparently, is coming up in November. He'll be 19.

I also was able to find his yahoo member profile site. The picture is posted there.

Gentlemen, I believe, as I did before, that Spencer is legit. I hope he doesn't leave the board, because I found his posts enjoyable and enjoyed being part of a board/community that would welcome his participation.

10. Mike C.

Mike C. Well-Known Member

Where has he said that he has autism? Why won't he clarify or respond to his posts? Again Aybojs brought up very valid points.

11. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

What @riss didn't deserve it? WTF is this: Thread , then? He wholeheartedly deserved the harassment he received after my obvious sarcastic post on a different thread: Dior thread was attacked with the other thread above. Lets give credit where credit is due; and @riss deserves credit regarding his personal attacks. Jon.

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I'm not the moderator, but let's stop this now guys.

13. STYLESTUDENT

14. j

j Well-Known Member

This is enough. If you guys think his posts are without merit, don't respond to them. If you can't be civil, find another board to be on. Topic closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.