• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How can I get a physique like this guy?

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turbozed
nt and e-motional about your point but it's hard for me to grasp what exactly your point is. Are you trying to argue that it's impossible to look like that dude *exactly*? (which seems too obvious) Or are you arguing that weight training and diet are worthless in terms of changing body size/shape/composition?

My point is: It's ******* ridiculous to look at a picture of someone and produce a list of exercises that he does. That guy could do push-ups once a week and look like that or he could be in the gym three hours a day. That's where genetics come into play. I know guys that look like that guy (and he's pretty average to poor for a body builder) and their workouts range from none to the entire devotion of their lives. It's even more ridiculous to suggest that anyone can gain that look in three months -- I gave the example of my 6'4" 135 lb friend who has never gained an ounce of muscle in his entire life no matter how hard he tried.

oaw01

Reaction score
The dude's physique is more visually appealing with the females than any bodybuilders. Go ask any females who have the better body - Brad Pitt from the fight club or Jay Cutler.

unexpected

Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
How often does that actually happen? All the successful people I know are naturally intelligent, and all the not-so-successful people I know are naturally not intelligent and many were those studious hard working people who actually studied for exams. I suspect the same is true for weight lifting.

Are you serious? There are lots of examples of people that aren't naturally intelligent becoming extremely successful. They work hard and rely on their other talents.

Point #1: George W. Bush

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unexpected
Are you serious? There are lots of examples of people that aren't naturally intelligent becoming extremely successful. They work hard and rely on their other talents.

Point #1: George W. Bush

George W. Bush is naturally intelligent, despite the common media portrayal.

ShyBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by turbozed
I have gained a lot of lean muscle on my low carb diet. Don't know if it qualifies as 'slabs.' But muscle building is a very slow process where it's extremely difficult to gain a couple of lbs of lean muscle mass a month.

Also, metabolically, I don't see any reason why carbs are necessary for muscle gain at all. You can get enough energy through protein and fat. I guess a middle-of-the-road approach would be to schedule your carbs peri-workout. I eat my carbs early in the day and PWO. The rest of the time I avoid it.

i have never read so much rubbish as i have in your post

you may have gained muscle if you started from a low base,but for someone training more than a year,its highly unlikely

low gi carbs are needed for muscle growth,period

unexpected

Reaction score
George W. Bush is naturally intelligent, despite the common media portrayal.

really? is that why he had a 2.something GPA at yale?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm not saying W is a genious, but GPA is not really the best indicator of intelligence.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WAH WAH WAH

This thread is terrible. Anyone who sees that picture and says 'genetics' is pretty much a total idiot. Lighting, maybe. Crisco, maybe. Hard work, definitely. Genetics, no.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why beat me to it, this thread just ******* sucks now COCK COCK COCK COCK COCK COCK COCK

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You prove my point. GPA means nothing. Bush was naturally intelligent, and didn't have to try hard. He got a 2 GPA at Yale, because he didn't have to try, but he still became President of United States. Many people with 4.0 GPAs at Yale did not become President.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
WAH WAH WAH

This thread is terrible. Anyone who sees that picture and says 'genetics' is pretty much a total idiot. Lighting, maybe. Crisco, maybe. Hard work, definitely. Genetics, no.

So a 6'4" guy who weighs 125 lbs would be able to look like that guy with "hard work?" The answer is an irrefutable NO. Therefore, genetics. You need a certain body type to look like that. You know what determines your body type? Ding..

unexpected

Reaction score
So a 6'4" guy who weighs 125 lbs would be able to look like that guy with "hard work?" The answer is an irrefutable NO. Therefore, genetics. You need a certain body type to look like that. You know what determines your body type? Ding..

Why is the answer an irrefutable no? Because you had 1 friend who was unable to gain weight? You had a survey size of 1?

Seriously, your friend was 6'4", 125 lb? He should be in a hospital.

When most people say they can't gain weight, they simply refuse to eat enough.

Why do you need a certain body type? It's just muscle composition. Lean muscle + body fat. If you can reduce your body fat percentage while keeping your lean muscle mass, you'll have muscles popping out. Why is so "genetic" about that?

Back to the other point:
Also, most people don't define success as being president. Being president is by and large, luck. Being in the right place at the right time. I don't know where you went to school, but I went to an Ivy league school. Everyone there is smart- but you quickly learn that some people are on totally different planes of intelligence- they're light years ahead of you. The only way you can keep up is if you work your ass off.

You can never control how smart you are, or what you were born with. What you can control is how hard you work. Don't let anyone out work you, and you'll see results.

Examples in the athletic realm: Nowitzki is a terrible athlete, yet he was MVP. D-Wade was thought to be a so-so basketball player in high school, so he only got a scholarship to Marquette, and now he's one of the three best b-ball players on the planet. Look at JJ Redick, who's the worst athlete I've seen in my entire life- he was NPOY, and if you look at his body now compared to his frosh year in college, he looks like a beast. Hard work can do that to you.

Yeah, it's not going to happen in 3 months. That's pretty stupid. But it can happen. You just have to get past your ****** excuses.

makushin

Reaction score
He has has low body fat and decent arms, that is it. You always have to realize that lighting and hydration plays a big part in these type of pictures. You really can't say much else without more pictures. The taper has to do with the fact that he's Asian and probably has a 29" waist. This look could be achieved without any weights. pushups, pullups, abwork, running, and clean diet.

aleeboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makushin
He has has low body fat and decent arms, that is it. You always have to realize that lighting and hydration plays a big part in these type of pictures. You really can't say much else without more pictures. The taper has to do with the fact that he's Asian and probably has a 29" waist. This look could be achieved without any weights. pushups, pullups, abwork, running, and clean diet.

This thread is dumb as F*ck.

This might take the cake.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Examples in the athletic realm: Nowitzki is a terrible athlete, yet he was MVP. D-Wade was thought to be a so-so basketball player in high school, so he only got a scholarship to Marquette, and now he's one of the three best b-ball players on the planet. Look at JJ Redick, who's the worst athlete I've seen in my entire life- he was NPOY, and if you look at his body now compared to his frosh year in college, he looks like a beast. Hard work can do that to you.

This is one of the dumber analogies I've seen around here in a while.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads