1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Homeland on Showtime.

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by fir3fox, Oct 4, 2011.

1. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

I also wish the Abu Nazir thing was better.. Couldn't really take him alive though, unless they wanted to plan some mad escape plot..

Saul is very interesting.. He has been failing polygraphs from day 1!!

2. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

See, that's crap. I think they could have easily tasered his ass and sent him to guantanamo for torturing. they absolutely did not have to shoot him dead. hell, with 8 FBI swat guys you'd think someone would be an accurate enough shot to hit him in the shoulder or arm and make him drop the gun.

3. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Do you also think they should have tasered Osama? Seriously though, teams like that are not trained to taser (I don't even think that's part of their gear) - Nazir knew exactly what they would do if he reached like he did, which is why he did it. Not to mention the guy just murdered their buddy and colleague down the hall... No, no they couldn't just taser the most wanted terrorist out there. That was the most realistic outcome.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  4. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Obviously I know that. But this isn't exactly the same situation. They could easily have taken him alive for torturing. And, obviously, it would have done much more for the plot line!

5. worakl

worakl Well-Known Member

Seriously underwhelmed by that episode.

NEW WHINY THREAD!

6. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Am I the last person to realize Saul is Inigo Montoya? Light switch went on last night.

7. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Well-Known Member

8. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Ha ha, 1st time in this thread because of that. Didn't know it was pointed out.

9. Reynard369

Reynard369 Well-Known Member

Except what if he wasn't reaching for a gun and he had a bomb strapped on? He is a terrorist, after all. Ain't gonna try to wing him when they've got know idea what's under his jacket or shirt or what he's reaching for.

10. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

meh. i get it. i just don't like it.

11. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

My first thought when they got Nazir cornered was he had a bomb strapped to him. When he reached for his jacket I was ready to roll my eyes if he blew himself and the goons up. Was a little glad they killed him (at least he wouldn't have another clever escape up his sleeve - wait, but do we know he's really dead :paranoia:?). Anyway part of me wonders if they kept it anti-climatic to mimic Carey's feelings (bitter-sweet - years chasing this guy, then he's dead and its over). I'm beginning to question the direction of the show as is it going to be come a Brody and Carey on the run, love story? Are they going to finagle more twists? I hope they wrap it up after season 3.

12. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

What I don't understand is how they can realistically keep Saul's mouth shut. I mean, wont it take 1 phone call for them to know that Brody is a target and then what? As said above, on the run? Great, Bonnie and fucking Clyde.

13. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

I think that's going to be the season (or series? does anyone know if its getting picked up?) finale: Saul, Carrie, and Brody on the run or fighting off Quinn.

14. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Oh they're totally killing Saul in that finale. No doubt.

15. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

F. Murray's GOT to be involved in here somewhere. They wouldn't bring in such a big name actor just for a 2 minute cameo.

16. AldenPyle

AldenPyle Well-Known Member

Mandy Patinkin always quits TV shows after two years. Wouldn't be surprised to see him leave this one.

17. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Well-Known Member

18. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

At first I was like :confused:, but then I was like :lol:

19. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

Am I the last person to realize that Carrie is Angela Chase?

20. AldenPyle

AldenPyle Well-Known Member

Lot of ridiculous behavior this season. A lot could be explained if it turned out that members of the deep state (Estes-F.Murray-rich dude who hosted Brody and others unnamed) were actually running Nazeer, helping him (for some reason) to kill the Vice-President.