• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Holy Grail Items

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's unfortunate for me that many of my holy grail items simply do not exist (yet...) and they're mostly pieces I have dreamed up in a "What if I was a designer... scenario".

-One would be a leather jacket similar to this Tim Hamilton one except it would have a rich, deep reddish collar and have the Rick Owens wrinkled/aged look to it. It would also have the addition of several more zippers, a skinnier fit, and functional buckles to the point that, if I wanted to, I could buckle my arms down in a straight jacket style (just for the sake of saying I can).

-Oh, and a slim fitting v-neck. Impossible.

bohemianmidnight

Reaction score
^H&M merino wool is hella slim this sweater is my holy grail:
junya-watanabe.jpg

hollowsleather

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
It's unfortunate for me that many of my holy grail items simply do not exist (yet...) and they're mostly pieces I have dreamed up in a "What if I was a designer... scenario".

This is maybe the best part about being a maker. I can put (some) dreams into hand.

Grail item? White's.

sddroa11fe4.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bohemianmidnight
^H&M merino wool is hella slim

this sweater is my holy grail:
junya-watanabe.jpg

I have it.

I want a mac too but they're too much.

delirium

Reaction score
lul how are these grails?
half of this stuff will probably be on sale within a few weeks.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hollowsleather
This is maybe the best part about being a maker. I can put (some) dreams into hand.

Grail item? White's.

sddroa11fe4.jpg

I'm a bit jealous and I have always thought of pursuing a career in designing clothes but it's unfortunately not a practical one.

Curious, how difficult is the jump for what you currently do to shoe making? I'm sure it's a large one, but not an impossible one.

hollowsleather

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Curious, how difficult is the jump for what you currently do to shoe making? I'm sure it's a large one, but not an impossible one.

I don't know, exactly, but I hope to work at a shoe repair shop someday. It's something I'm really interested in.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I would cop the reverse color pattern of that jacket.

Oh forgot the discoball shirt which will be more of a spring cop.

discoballtp9.jpg

confab

Reaction score
A pair of Tricker's monkey boots in espresso. Only available in the Japanese market and not in my budget for the foreseeable future.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads