1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. upr_crust

upr_crust Well-Known Member

:lurk:

3 people like this.
  2. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Well-Known Member

Acute

greaaaat shirt.....

can I ask who makes it?...

Im a sucker for deni/chambray

and the outfit rocks

1 person likes this.
  3. h3ro

h3ro Well-Known Member

This is really fun! Inspiring me to unpack the spread collar denim shirt I picked up recently and mix it up with some layering!

1 person likes this.
  4. IsteRed

IsteRed Well-Known Member

Guys, thank you for this, all of your comments are very, let me repeat myself, VERY appreciated! I love this forum, i have been here since i was 19 and was just making my first steps on the career ladder, many things have passed since then, a lot of ups and downs. Yet, i still remember that this is the place where i was first told that wearing a PS with a matching tie is a faux pas, hell this is the place where i have learned what faux pas is :D . I remember the times when i thought wearing Ferragamo shoes made me cool, and i remember how i was influenced to make my first purchase of good pair of shoes that were AE Moras. This place is beautiful and i credit much of my success to it, this place made my style grow and become better than most of the people i know, this place made me understand that you can pull off a lot of stuff if you are confident. And i don't want to stop growing, i want to get better and better with your help guys, that's why i asked for your comments! Fully agreed with the comments regarding photo quality, as i live alone i take my pics selfie style, but i will get a tripod for my cam and take better pics, and will post more. Keep doing what you are doing guys, every single one of you is amazing, young or old, wearing correct sizing or still working on it, trying to dress stylishly on a budget or getting everything done bespoke. Every single one of you amazing. thank you for that! Regarding the context, do you mean you want to know where i was wearing it? at the office, a business casual style place. The waistcoat is pink/redish checked, and is quite informal clothing, i will perhaps show it in better way in my next pictures, and the tie and jacket is far darker, i will wear the same ensemble again one day and will take better quality photos.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    4 people like this.
  5. EFV

EFV Well-Known Member

Trying to master the art of wearing a trench coat + newsboy cap without looking like a 40s LARP:er, or a total perv. I know, I know... I'll never succeed with the latter :D

[​IMG]

23 people like this.
  6. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

Nice fit, Clags, just wish you hadn't taken a scissors to the end of your tie. Derp.

- - -

@shirtsnob, great participation, but it might be appreciated if you took advantage of the multi-quote and spoiler functions. Are you familiar with them? If not, shoot me a PM, happy to instruct.

3 people like this.
  7. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Well-Known Member

Thank you. The shirt is from Suit Supply.

8. smittycl

smittycl Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Nothing but meetings today. CBD was the call.

Suit, shirt, tie: Zegna

[​IMG]

12 people like this.
  9. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

Not a bad look, but don't see an orange tie and a Sub as CBD. Suit stripe also on the liberal end of CBD.

*braces-self-for-CBD-flamewar*

Also, I imagine the white shirt is a result of your CBD needs, but a light blue would have better there with that suit and tie, imo.

2 people like this.
  10. shirtsnob

Quote:it works....!!!! I love dogs but !!!!you woulda looked awesome w/ a more manly dog here....lol btw..I bet the local woman heat up when they see you in this outfit......

11. shirtsnob

Quote:
    everything seems to fit well....maybe a bit tight....but you just appear to be dressed for working in a hotel?....

12. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  13. SprezzaTrash

SprezzaTrash Well-Known Member

40's LARPer? I take offense!

1 person likes this.
  14. SprezzaTrash

SprezzaTrash Well-Known Member

Picked up a 1940's gab jacket. It's rapidly becoming my favorite pieces, due to its awesome color and unstructured nature.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1940's Gab Jacket, J. Crew chambray workshirt, J. Crew Pleated Chinos, AE Loafers (eBay)

I wish casual jackets still looked like this. I mean we have harringtons and baractuas, but they often miss the small details that matter (namely the cropped length for high rise trousers). Nothing screams 1940s-1950s like these jackets, but they're incredibly versatile!

Read my blog post if you want to learn more about the gab short jacket!

14 people like this.
  15. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Well-Known Member

^ great look. Are the pants vintage? They look dope.

16. smittycl

smittycl Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wore light blue shirts all week. Wanted a change up. Sub is mostly universal and goes with anything. Orange tie to help me get my way. Everyone else in DC uniform of dark suit and red or blue tie. Didn't want to blend in. CBD has many guises and applications. :)

17. Anden

Anden Well-Known Member

Green flannel suit and Dovers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

54 people like this.
  18. DiplomaticTies

DiplomaticTies Well-Known Member

Quick question unrelated to fashion: the last few days I haven't been able to upload any images on SF. The editor gets stuck on "loading" whenever I hit the "insert image" button. It's not that the images are too big or anything like that, it gets stuck already on the first "Embed an image" step. Anyone else experienced problems like that?

19. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Well-Known Member

I did not. What OS and browser are you using?

20. DiplomaticTies

DiplomaticTies Well-Known Member

That's the weirdest part, its the same problem regardless if I use computer, laptop or tablet, so it seems unrelated to browser or system. And I've never had that problem before.

Maybe someone just dont like my fits...