1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. bienluienapris

bienluienapris Well-Known Member

Just doing as usual is probably the best answer to this... it's not easy, but it's the better option and thinking to family, keep the unit.

6 people like this.
  2. chocsosa

chocsosa Well-Known Member

Is this a Suit Supply suit? I like it...

1 person likes this.
  3. LounesMatoub

LounesMatoub Active Member

Its a difficult question and I have mixed feelings about it too. I have to say that my father is french and I have family and friends in Paris. Last night wasn't easy because I was very concerned about them and shocked about whats happened. Today it was of course the permanent topic. Now I had the need to do something different to come to other thoughts for some time.

(Hope I express my self understandable)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    2 people like this.
  4. Cao Cao

Cao Cao Well-Known Member

Terrorists win if we stop living our lives. But we should remember those who have lost their lives and their family members.

(Dang it, my avatar is not the most appropriate one with what has happened)

3 people like this.
  5. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Well-Known Member

As someone who could get quite heated regarding the politics of it (and lord knows the Internet makes for a cauldron), I'll leave that for others to discuss.

For me, I agree that there is nothing you can do. Sure, continuing on with your life is going to cause some to think you (in the general sense) an ass, but I find that absurd. That you do not shut down your life is not proof of indifference on the matter. One is fully capable of being shocked and bothered by last night's events, whilst still maintaining the very basic tenets of daily life.

As a throw in, I think anyone who is sincerely bothered by one carrying on with his or her life, should direct that anger toward constructive methods, and discussions that could be helpful in identifying the root problems that MIGHT be able to prevent such atrocities (as this is certainly not the first time the culprit has been responsible for death on a large scale) from occurring in the future.

6. pravda

pravda Well-Known Member

Prayers are extended to our brothers and sisters. This could be any of us and we are all family. It's beautiful that something as vain as fashion ignites our softer, human and compassionate side. As men-in strength, despair, hardship, and in prayer, we have been Blessed to come together in style and in the Grace our Lord extends to us. Let's do an act of kindness for every death in Paris over the coming week. I know we can afford it because hey, we are here.

7. dazedstate

dazedstate Well-Known Member

Agreed with the stated sentiments. Not much one can do. We all handle shock, sadness, grief in different ways. No sense being angry about another's coping mechanism.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15 people like this.
  8. kulata

kulata Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Well-Known Member

Nice one, @tchoy . Looks like Castlereagh Street. Just a block or so from my Sydney yard.

My quick comment about the Paris atrocity. Most of us here are Westerners, and understandably, an attack of this nature on one of the great metropolises of the West hits us very hard.

We should take the opportunity to remember also, the recent bombings in Beirut and Baghdad. Similar numbers of people lost their lives under similarly brutal circumstances. We should not let ourselves become inured to the suffering of ordinary people in such places. They are human too.

Personally, I have grave misgivings about Western countries meddling militarily in the internal affairs of Middle Eastern states. I don't think any good can come of it. At all. My own country is involved, and I think it's only a matter of time before some horrific incident befalls us here too.

You can measure the odiousness of a regime by the degree of desire of its subjects to escape. For decades, the borders of Communist countries such as the USSR and China were closed to their own citizens. Eventually, the USSR collapsed; China has survived by gradually relaxing at least some of its social repression. "Islamic State" will collapse too, if simply left to its own devices.

Probably very simplistic, naïve views. Anyway, my heart goes out to Paris.

5 people like this.
  10. heldentenor

heldentenor Well-Known Member

Traveling in the South.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25 people like this.
  11. Koala-T

Koala-T Well-Known Member

Like that jacket. Where in the South are you today?

12. Chulillo

Chulillo Well-Known Member

Last night was atrocious. I can't even try to remotely understand what makes a human been do something like that. They try to spread fear in our hearts by shocking our core, our daily routines and day-to-day life, so I we shall keep on keeping on not just to show them they won't put us down so easily but also to pay tribute to those who lost their life (or well being) because of them... if we give in, it would be a slap in their face.

That said, super fit today. The tie throws me bit but it is 3:08 am over here and everything could throw me a bit anyways LOL
    Is that your saturday "office"? Really cool if it is.

1 person likes this.
  13. CaptainTohm

CaptainTohm Well-Known Member

Those shoes have a beautiful patina.

1 person likes this.
  14. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

From earlier this week; a day when it got into the high 80s (as opposed to Friday, when the highs were in the low 60s). Linen in November (which would be odd if anyone I see cared. And for those of you who care about seasonality over temperature, I was visiting @Coxsackie)

[​IMG]

31 people like this.
  15. Coxsackie

Nice tie, Clags. @sugarbutch is going to love it. Just you see.

2 people like this.
  16. Coxsackie

Looking at this pic, I just realised that you could give @patrickBOOTH a run for his money in the Tonsorial Stakes.

On of your best fits by the way. The suit doesn't look like SuSu. 3-piece with peak lapels and 3-roll-2 buttoning is an unusual combo.

1 person likes this.
  17. heldentenor

heldentenor Well-Known Member

Thanks. I was in Little Rock, Arkansas, which had beautiful fall weather.

18. kulata

kulata Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    32 people like this.
  19. Koala-T

Koala-T Well-Known Member

20. talalwallana

talalwallana New Member

guys i dont if this the right place but i need some help...have to attend an official dinner tomorrow..cant decide wht tie to wear...posting the pictures..plz help me decide my outfit..[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]