• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure why my right trouser leg looks all effed up.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Couldn't find a rugby ball.

Last edited:

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SF Family:
Post-Imperial
Howard Yount
Meermin

One of my least Claggish fits
(and another shirt, actually the twin from a few days ago, whose sleeves are too short, though at this point in the day, they've been somewhat revealed as the linen in the jacket has caused the jacket sleeves to shorten, via wrinkling, with wear)

Welcome break and a damn good fit shirt cuffs and all.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Kent Wang I like it. A lot.

I'm wearing the KW Carta Marina square today, incidently. Just a quick hotel snap though, I'm in Atlanta for professional society meetings.

grade

Reaction score
Help me here. What are we looking at? The slope of the shoulders? The shoulder expression?

It's a mannequin, you know.
Yes, I meant the slope of the shoulder. And I understand it's sitting on a mannequin, but the jacket falls very cleanly on those "shoulders" which have all the slope of Nebraska, haha. The only reason I even noticed is because I have odd shoulders to fit--sloped, forward set, with pitch issues. This is the main reason I decided to go bespoke, incidentally.

By the way, that's not meant to be a knock. I find your Formosa stuff to be universally lovely, and my Dents gloves were a godsend this past winter.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No offense taken at all, but I believe your eye may be tricked by the mannequin's very straight shoulders. There's nothing in the construction of the shoulder line itself that would create a horizontal slope. On the more formal jackets, when we opt for the spalla cadente morbida (and not spalla camicia), there's a bit of extension with a slight padding to support it, so you do see the shoulder expression being less round and more angular. But I don't think there's any horizontality to speak of in the actual construction of the shoulder line.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the Formosa shoulder discussion. This is a new jacket straight out of the box. Perhaps helpful though because of the robo pose

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads