• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Having lived in Los Angeles for nearly seventy years, the answer depends on where in Los Angeles you live and where you work. If you live and work in the cold, damp, and fog near the sea (where I have always lived) there are some days you will be happy that you are wearing flannel (or heavy tweed and/or an overcoat).

Xactly.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Attended an insanely opulent wedding this weekend. My son was a page boy and his bespoke silk outfit was made in England, barring the monogrammed velvet slippers, which were made in Italy. Fortunately it was paid for by the bride's parents.

I've spoiler the lifestyle photos for those interested.

fabulous SJ :nodding:

cakv

Reaction score
He looks pretty relaxed to me.
@Academic2

Really? I'm aware of the robopose, but his shoulders look scalloped more than commonly seen.

03TFGrayFit001-1.jpg

900x900px-LL-87fa7551_DSC05698.jpeg

900x900px-LL-0a257892_Full.jpeg

900x900px-LL-7c697a8c_Full.jpeg

900x900px-LL-f0363294_photo118.jpeg

900x900px-LL-a26e18dc_026.jpeg

In the last one, he has a stooped/pitched forward head, but his shoulders look very relaxed.

cakv

Reaction score
Attended an insanely opulent wedding this weekend. My son was a page boy and his bespoke silk outfit was made in England, barring the monogrammed velvet slippers, which were made in Italy. Fortunately it was paid for by the bride's parents.

I've spoiler the lifestyle photos for those interested.

SeaJen, great shoes. What company made them? Your wife has a lovely dress on. Dunno what it is about lace but it always looks good on gals.

Your son looks more like your wife, which is probably a good thing
teacha.gif
I kid, I kid.

Last edited:

Maximus Rex

Reaction score

SeaJen, Nice! One comment: I would have thought that a wedding with that sort of budget and detail (e.g. the silk outfit for your son) would have required morning coat & striped trousers and not just suit and tie... was it a relative of yours?

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As there seems to be some confusion about the climate in coastal Southern California, here are some pictures that might help those who live elsewhere and have only seen these beaches on television or in films and who don't know that the actors actresses are kept in warming tents and wrapped in electric blankets between scenes that are filmed by crews who are dressed like Nanook Of The North.

The view looking north from Manhattan Beach Pier (which you cannot jump from).

The beach at Playa Del Rey looking north.

Venice Beach and the Venice Pier in the distance.

My friend on the beach south of Santa Monica Pier.

Santa Monica Beach north of the Santa Monica Pier in a view from Palisades Park.

These pictures were all taken in June or July. Nobody is at the beach because it is cold and the water is even colder. California is not Florida.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Someone needs to arrange an LA meet up so that people can accurately gauge the awesomeness of Roycru

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
California is not Florida.

Thank god.

Being a California native, and having lived for several years in Florida, I must say that for my money Florida has a slight edge. Both states are filled with ignorant people however Florida can at least boast that that dubious trait is not coupled with an indulgent sense of arrogance. Something that California, alas, cannot claim.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
Being a California native, and having lived for several years in Florida, I must say that for my money Florida has a slight edge. Both states are filled with ignorant people however Florida can at least boast that that dubious trait is not coupled with an indulgent sense of arrogance. Something that California, alas, cannot claim.
Florida just called.
They're missing an idiot who goes by Caustic Man on SF.

California just called.
They're missing a racist who goes by Caustic Man on SF.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads