1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

2. fieldofdreams

fieldofdreams Well-Known Member

I love Kamakura shirts. I'm about 3,000 miles from the closest location to me (NY). So I order them online. For the price I haven't found anything that compares. As far as OCBDs go, they are my go to. I can't imagine you can find better, regardless of budget (I'm probably wrong about this), without going MTM.

3. Pliny

Pliny Well-Known Member

That's the 'Hove' ? Damn I think it's one of the nicest Norwegers out there. Grail shoo for me.

Noice SVB

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  4. nabilmust

nabilmust Well-Known Member

I hate to bring it back to pizza (no, I don't, actually) - I was once told that traditional pizzerias didn't serve other food like pastas (which require cutlery) because - traditionally - pizza is meant to be eaten with your hands (sans cutlery).

The influx of tourism has changed the face of this tradition, according to this man who ran his restaurant in Florence.

1 person likes this.
  5. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Well-Known Member

Yes, but Florentine pizza is characterized by rounded front quarter slices that are easier to eat with one's hands, whereas Neapolitan pizza has soft shoulder-crusts and extended front dart-slices that require a knife and fork.

9 people like this.
  6. Pliny

Pliny Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Florentine or Neapolitan, you really need to have commissioned at least 11 pizzas b4 u can discuss them with any authority

9 people like this.
  7. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I've only had it a few months, but have really enjoyed it..

1 person likes this.
  8. chocsosa

chocsosa Well-Known Member

Wish I could buy some Kamkura shirts.. I love the collars... but they dont make them long enough for my 38.6 inch sleeve length arms [​IMG]... its all good.. Ill just live vicariously through you guy's fits..

9. nabilmust

nabilmust Well-Known Member

And a wallet, to pay for the pizzas.

10. EliodA

EliodA Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

27 people like this.
  11. JensenH

JensenH Well-Known Member

To check out the veiled Christ statue :)

12. EliodA

EliodA Well-Known Member

Ah yes, absolutely stunning.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. JensenH

JensenH Well-Known Member

Very elegant.

1 person likes this.
  14. Koala-T

Koala-T Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  15. Pliny

Pliny Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Green, Hermes.

Tie! Hober?

16. YRR92

YRR92 Well-Known Member

Not feeling it, bro. I love a dotted knit with a box check, and the colors are close (that tie is inspired with that jacket), with the slight exception of the shirt, which is the right hue but too saturated, and the shoes, which are a hair dark – are they black, or merely a very dark brown? Because of your low-contrast complexion, you can wear lower contrast fits like this pretty well, but they're tricky. You were wise to do a darker tie, but I feel like the shirt is not quite differentiated enough from the jacket.

I'm afraid the fit on that jacket through the chest is not so hot. The fold in the second picture is deadly, and that might be what's causing the gap around the shirt collar – or it might be that the collar itself is a bit underfed and underspread. Also I hate it when collar points curl under like that. Your jacket fit is generally pretty nailed down, so this is a bit out of step for you. That said, though it's hard to say on a light rumpled material without a crease, the amount of taper on those trousers seems just right for you.

1 person likes this.
  17. Chaconne

Chaconne Well-Known Member

@EliodA
    Looks great!

Back to pizza, all I saying is that regardless of what it's called there are some pizzas that are difficult to pick up with your hands and require a knife and fork to eat and are tasty. This is undeniable. I am also sure that is Tibor could have eaten his pizza with his hands he would have so leave him alone.

18. Koala-T

Koala-T Well-Known Member

Thanks! This is great feedback. I'll have to try this jacket again in the future with a different shirt and see what you guys think. Thanks for the color/pattern comments. I think I'm starting to get a grip on how that stuff works now. And you are right about the collar on that shirt. It's a point, which I usually don't wear, and it kills me that the points curl under like that. I've tried different stays, but nothing really works. Might have to give it up.

19. bebop d

bebop d Well-Known Member

K-T to be frank, you have above average width hips. This is accentuated by many of your jackets. Standing naturally as in this photo it's clear the lowest button would not close. The quarters of your jackets should hang straight down from the top (or middle button) to the lower button. Otherwise the triangular gap created will make you look wider than perhaps you are. If there's material available I would suggest you add room in the hips.

4 people like this.
  20. Roy Al

Roy Al Well-Known Member

Thanks to all that gave me thumbs the last days.

2 people like this.