1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Well-Known Member

2. SeamasterLux

SeamasterLux Well-Known Member

A&S, Gieves & Hawkes as well as Richard James.

WW Chan's cut is honestly pretty British for the DB, it resembles actually a bit the A&S' DB cut

1 person likes this.
  3. mcobinad

mcobinad Well-Known Member

My learned friend, I appreciate from what perspective you are projecting your opinion in relation to my fits. I have highlighted the above quote of yours because from all intents and purposes, this illusory 'benefit of the doubt' theory of yours can further be extended to virtually anyone albeit (mcobinad in question here) regardless without exception. Considering your view, it seems to indicate somewhat bias simply because Mr. X regularly posts photos of next to perfect fit does not negate that his outfit should be excruciatingly subject to a day to day analysis to find indications of relaxed effort rather than going by his precedent posts where members have demonstrated an unrelenting appraisal of his outfits. I can thus illustrate further from a legal point of view:

A typical legal synopsis

Imagine a judge seeking to incarcerate a convict based on his past criminal records...... does that indicate a degree of fairness to you from a layman's degree of sight? By all virtue and according to the equitable maxim "Equity delights to do justice and not by halves" if you are just and fair, you will answer to the contrary and not on the affirmative. Ok, moving forward from that angle, if a competent lawyer adduces a piece of evidence to exonerate a culpable for an indictable offence and proves beyond reasonable doubt the innocence of the culpable, a fair and just judge with no clear interest in the case will seek to admit that piece of evidence to cast some light on a rather ambiguous situation and allay the chances of injustice rather than seeking to rely on a past misdemeanour of the defendant and reach for a devastating verdict which will obliterate the integrity of the court of law and the equitable maxims that define the principles of the courts and judges at large. That leaves me to infer that there is a presumption of innocence until proven guilty. I am not conclusively saying that maxims of equity are rigid set of rules but are, rather, general principles which can be deviated from in specific cases. This is of course what has led certain judges to depart from analogous cases where binding set of rules (common law) prevail and reach for verdict where equity is right as it is simply just and fair (right thing to do) from ethical value perspective. I don't wish to get too technical here but I hope you get the picture.

Back to the subject matter in question, I have always questioned the degree of transparency on here because it seems to adumbrate that my previous posts where the imperfect fits of my clothes have prejudiced my subsequent posts and have led members to find culpability where there is none and cynically speaking, there is no rationality in this assumption. That said, I love challenges and open to learn new things and make amend where necessary but where nothing indicates the contrary and people allow their conscience to be subject to bias then I have nothing other to say than 'to each his own'. :)

Note: This synopsis was expounded in good faith and hope you read and interpret it accordingly.

1 person likes this.
  4. kulata

kulata Well-Known Member

My head hurts.

Lawyers!

1 person likes this.
  5. P-K-L

P-K-L Well-Known Member

Receiving touchy touchy friendly feedback never ever helped anyone improve
    Thanks for the dick, dear

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. SeaJen

SeaJen Well-Known Member

The law allows only the facts presented to be accepted, which makes the LSAT so fun. On this forum, however, priors do indeed count. What also counts is that Paul's biceps aren't busting out of his jacket like he's an irradiated scientist having a bad morning.

7. Caustic Man

Really?

8. SeaJen

SeaJen Well-Known Member

I will be changing my parenting style post haste.

3 people like this.
  9. Caustic Man

There is something to be said about the tendency to treat strangers on a forum as if they were children...

10. SeaJen

SeaJen Well-Known Member

With stern, unrelenting disdain? That's how I now believe I should be guiding my children. How else will they ever learn? :)

1 person likes this.
  11. Caustic Man

Electric shocks.

3 people like this.
  12. Sander

Sander Well-Known Member

There might be a middle way. That being said I didn't see your post as particularly harsh, but that might be European vs. American sensibilities.

1 person likes this.
  13. SYCSYC

SYCSYC Well-Known Member

Sprezz is the wind...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24 people like this.
  14. mcobinad

mcobinad Well-Known Member

Please be indulgent guys for the copious photos. I posted as many so you can access from different angles. For the jacket, I went two sizes up just to have space to play around with and to accommodate the consensus of SF. In relation to the collars, I am open to any criticism, maybe pointed collars would be more appropriate. Your views, please :)

Regards

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20 people like this.
  15. ickda

ickda Well-Known Member

I allways found most modern suits to be drab. But my friend, that is kinda sharp. Love the hang. Shose.... Meh boots for the win But there still sharp as hell

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  16. P-K-L

P-K-L Well-Known Member

Danke, dear

1 person likes this.
  17. Caustic Man

18. Sander

Sander Well-Known Member

I think the spread isn't bad, but you definitely need longer points.

19. Caustic Man

@mcobinad , first off I really like your choice of colors most of the time. I was seriously on board with those yellow trousers with the navy jacket. I think Spoopoker did something like that once as well and I thought it was really successful. Second, your biceps are huge! I wish I had your physique. That said all of your jackets are too small in the biceps. I can see the shapes of your muscles! Awesome in a t shirt, not so good in a jacket. I'm sorry if all this has been said before but I think you would do well to invest in some MTM or bespoke pieces which are made for your athletic build.

1 person likes this.
  20. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Well-Known Member

@mcobinad , that last fit was really nice.

Sander's observation about the collar points is accurate, but it's a nitpick which barely detracts from the overall effect. Great use of colour - this seems to be one of your strong points.

P-K-L is going to bitch-slap me now for being too cute.

1 person likes this.